CIS Detection

15 years 4 months ago #22389 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic CIS Detection
hmmm....i don't know where that article went? Maybe Cynthia can find it.
I know there are places in the US that are now using Hexvix..blue light for cystoscopy....its pretty common in Europe. We're just in clinical Phase 111 trials....i don't think they want to do it because the solution has to sit in you for 30mins before the cystoscopy which would mean they would have to hire someone or see fewer patients......just a guess.
www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7XMT-4HG54PV-14&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=77c15039a33096c1e3adffa32d3dfd86
I don't know...CIS can hide......Gracie can tell you about that.
Meanwhile i'll search for the article.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22388 by sara.anne
CIS Detection was created by sara.anne
Didn't we have a CIS topic in the forum? Oh well

There is a bit of discussion going on in the ACOR email list that seems to indicate that in many cases cytoscopy will not detect CIS. In fact, the discussion is about "why do monitoring cystoscopy since it doesn't detect CIS?" As someone who has her cystoscopy scheduled for Friday after CIS, BCG, a "clear cystoscopy," maintenance BCG, and now back to cystoscopy, I am someone concerned. OK, I am PANICKED!!

I will be sure to bring this up with Dr. Janoff on Friday, but wondered what you all know/think. Have I been living in a fool's paradise thinking that my "good" cystoscopies are an "all clear?"

Sara Anne, who is not thinking too clearly right now.

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne