BC reoccurence with/without hematuria

15 years 4 months ago #22336 by drosenberg
Replied by drosenberg on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
I originally saw a urologist because of bleeding and was diagnosed with TA and T1 tumors. This was in Oct 2006. I had a recurrence, which discovered during a routine cysto in Dec 2007. There was no bleeding involved. My TURB in Jan 2008 included infusion of Mitomycin. A couple of weeks later, I began to bleed. A subsequent TURB revealed no cancer, but the uro cauterized a small area in the bladder. This took care of the bleeding. I have since undergone 6 weeks of BCG treatment and have had no symptoms and no recurrences. Next cysto is scheduled for Dec 10. Here's hoping for a merry Christmas.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22333 by kathyk
Replied by kathyk on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
I had serious pain (Dr. thought it was interstitial cystitis) months before I was referred to a urologist and the cancer was dx. I had a small taste of what pain cancer can cause. The only bleeding I saw was after the TUR following 6 BCG treatments. Lots of blood and clots. I'm winging it here, but I don't think there is always or even mostly blood with recurrences.

15 years 4 months ago #22329 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
Hi John, I had bleeding and five tumors taken out, ta grade 2. Eight months later more tumors but no blood. I go back in another month to be checked again. Rocky

15 years 4 months ago #22291 by wood108
Replied by wood108 on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
Thanks all for the information and kind words. I'll let you know how I make out next Friday.

John

15 years 4 months ago #22285 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
I was first diagnosed in Jan/07. I had blood in my urine. Since that I have had 4 more reoccurances but with only one, did I have blood again.

I understand your nervousness. Heres a hug for support.((((wood))))

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

15 years 4 months ago #22272 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BC reoccurence with/without hematuria
And on the other hand, I have NEVER had even microscopic blood in my urine. Even before diagnosis of papillary and CIS when I was having "UTI"-like symptoms and great discomfort. My urologist says that this happens. Just depends, I guess.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne