Did you smoke?

15 years 4 months ago #22288 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic Did you smoke?
Isn't it interesting the different responses to this subject. I guess we never know who, what, when or where do we?

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22252 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Did you smoke?
Hi, I smoked very little in my early 20's,. I never bought a pack of cigs just bumb one off a friend once in awhile. That was 37 years ago. I grew up in a non smoking home. My brother smoked for 20 years and also developed bc ten years ago. (he quit smoking). I have taken pain meds for nine years and I believe that is what gave me the bc. A real catch twentytwo. The pain meds allow me to lead a very active life, but am I setting myself up for more bc.
I believe there is a genetic component to this and only God knows what sets it off. Rocky

15 years 4 months ago #22242 by suzi
Replied by suzi on topic Did you smoke?
I never smoked but I was a second hand smoker as most of my friends are smoking .
my grandfather died at 109 and he was smoker , he lived his life and passed away without any kind of disease.
figure it out ?

Be strong and don't give up.
a warrior

15 years 4 months ago #22232 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Did you smoke?
Hi All,
I grew up in a non smoking family, so no passive smoking there. Smoked in my teens until about 23. After marriage (hubby non smoker), and kids, became an occasional social smoker ( I reckon about 60 cigs per year ). Stopped altogether about 6 years ago after a funny thing appeared in my mouth and scared me off well and good !!
Flamenco

15 years 4 months ago #22230 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Did you smoke?
Sara Anne,

That was quite a read. I do know this, chemo isn't the real answer. BCG (immunotherapy) and the article you found have to be some of the keys. Have saved that one for my "library" as my uro really enjoys my "research."

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

15 years 4 months ago #22229 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Did you smoke?
Patricia wrote:
Maybe it's more of what we ingest food wise? Someday we may know!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne