A Canadian checking in

15 years 4 months ago #22204 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic A Canadian checking in
A Fellow Canuck here.
I have had 3 Operations and followed each 1 with 6 BCG treatments.
I am now on the 12 monthly BCG treatments.
I have had no tumor reocurrence in 12 months now, basically since I started the monthly treatments.
I am a believer in BCG.
I wish you all the best, stay positive, you will beat this disease.
Regards,
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22202 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic A Canadian checking in
I will welcome you too. I am worried that you have had so many recurrences. I went through agony deciding what I would do with my cancer. My second opinion doctor at Sloan Kettering told me that if the BCG did not work and your tumors kept recurring, your best long term treatment was bladder removal. You can read what I went through and the great advice I got from this site by going to the invasive bladder cancer topic, go to page 3 and read "Another Dilemma" Balihigh. It maybe helpful to you. I liked my first doctor too but I found out that his pathologist had not staged me properly. It was important that I got another opinion-sometimes 3 or 4.

You have a good team behind you here. They certainly helped me.
Nancy

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

15 years 4 months ago #22172 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic A Canadian checking in
Thank you Ed. I am so so glad I found this site. I feel a lot better knowing other people with blc. Its great to be here and in just a day or two I havve learned SO MUCH. I told my husband I feel a lot more relaxed now that I am here.

I hope I can stay awake long enough for the chat tonight.;) I am an hour ahead of Eastern time but I will try. And if not this Sunday perhaps next. Either way, thanks for the warm welcome.:)

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

15 years 4 months ago #22171 by eddiek
Replied by eddiek on topic A Canadian checking in
Lady Jane,

Welcome to the site - sorry that it couldn't be under better circumstances! I don't know if you have looked at the calendar, but each Sunday evening there is a "chat" where several of the users come together to share ideas, thoughts, what's happened and what's ahead. It's a "real-time" feature which is good for asking questions and receiving several thoughts and opinions from the users attending.

If you are intested in attending, just remember that we're back on Eastern Standard time.

Again, welcome and hopefully this site and its users will provide you with great information and support.

Ed K.

Edward J. Kinsella
American Bladder Cancer Society
Board of Directors - Treasurer/Secretary

& Caregiver

15 years 4 months ago #22169 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic A Canadian checking in
Pat, I have pulled the path report I have here. Again its in french but it says "papillary carcinoma, low grade, multiple fragments, no evidence of bladder infiltration."

With that info, I concluded Ta G1. Now maybe I am reading it wrong. When my next path report comes back after surgery Wednesday, I'll go get ALL the reports and have a big discussion with him on what they say. To be honest I have never researched it enough to know what I have found just in the last day or so. And I have this support group to thank for that. I am going to be more proactive with my cancer.:)

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

15 years 4 months ago #22157 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic A Canadian checking in
The size of the tumor has no significance as to the grade of the tumor..in order to get a correct pathology the surgeon has to remove the tumor and its margins and a portion of the muscle.....that determines stage and grade....and more often than not depending on where you are it is understaged.
I had one single teeny tiny tumor that looked pretty innocuous to the uro...turns out it wasn't. It was growing out of CIS and was muscle invasive.
How did your pathology stage and grade your tumors?
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne