Just back from cysto...

15 years 6 months ago #21472 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Just back from cysto...
David,
I know exactly how you feel. My last cysto (early Sept) I had three red spots, had to be biopsied. I really wanted to leave my appointment with a definitive positive answer. Even though my Uro said he thought it was a reaction to the BCG - I still was concerned. After 12 days (the lab was in the middle of moving) I got the good news all was well. Hopefully, yours will also be fine. Stay positive and let us know how everything goes :)

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21469 by DIB
Just back from cysto... was created by DIB
Just back from my uro and first post-BCG cysto.

Cysto showed two small red areas plus significant necrosis of prior (small single tumor) scraped cancer site. Any/all could be either due to BCG treatment (Doc told me more likely) or cancer (less likely) so am being scheduled for another biopsy TURBT; date unknown within next few weeks. If not cancer, will continue BCG maintenance at same dosage (I tolerated it well) for three weeks and another cysto in 3 months. If cancer, he recommends RC based on decreasing survival percentages w/o RC. Trying to stay positive but expected answer today, not "we need to do more tests". Also need to try not to think about RC. So far have avoided and will still avoid) reading the "invasive" board and learning about RCs.

[insert curse words of choice].

David
Age 59
Dx May 2008
TURBT May 2008 T1G3N0M0
TURBT + MMC June 2008
BCG 6 treatments July - August 2008

Male Dx T1G3 5/08 @ Age 59. TURBT 5/08; TURBT+40 mg MMC 6/08; BCG (6) 7/08-8/08; Cysto & TURBT 9/08; BCG Maint(3) 10/08, 3/09; 7/09; 11/09; 5/10; & 1/11. Clean cystos 2/09, 9/09, 3/10, & 10/10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne