Question about cysto

17 years 5 months ago #2173 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic Question about cysto
Alyssa,

My first cysto was with the rigid scope (Whoaaaaa!!! I almost flew off the table in addition to using a few explatives appropriate to that moment), I've only had one other scope and that was when I had blood in my urine (tests were all negative) two or three months ago.  Of course I had a cystectomy, and was/am lucky enough to have received an ileal orthotopic neobladder, and that's the reason I don't routinely have scopes for follow-ups.  My second scope was the flexi and that was like the difference between night and day, what a relief I didn't have to use those words again!

Lou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #2168 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Question about cysto
My sister would get the flexible unless she was put out for a TUR. I've heard others say the same.

Wendy

17 years 5 months ago #2167 by mikmckna
Replied by mikmckna on topic Question about cysto
Flexi... thank goodness!

Believe in yourself,
Mike
T1-G3, CIS
RC w/ Neobladder 8/22/06

17 years 5 months ago #2138 by amy
Question about cysto was created by amy
Hi

I just had my six month check and everything looked good. I am curious how many of you have check ups in office with the rigid scope and how many people have the flexi scope. I had my last check up with a flexi scope and it was a lot less painful. The first two cystos I had were with the rigid scope. What does your uro do?

Alyssa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne