bcg after-pain and blood

17 years 4 months ago #2346 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic bcg after-pain and blood
Hi,

tell us all just how p**s*d off you are with the endless waiting for checks and results in 2030 - you will only be 70 ;D

Rise to the Challenge ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2321 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic bcg after-pain and blood
I was supposed to start my first BCG treatment this last week but since there was still blood in my urine from the TUR on Oct 31. My urologist says to still have some moderate bleeding is normal and he doesn't want to start the BCG while I still have bleeding.

He said it is not good to get that stuff in your blood stream so he'd rather wait another week to start.

Seemed to make sense to me that if one is bleeding that introducing bcg would get it into one's bloodstream.

By the way, I'm brand new here. Been reading a lot of what people have been posting over the past couple of days.

In my case, just had the TUR done and it turns out I have CIS (as far as we know, ONLY CIS as no other tunor was found during the cystoscopy). Removed all of it during the TUR. It was about 1 cm by 3cm (I think). After reading here, I'm going to ask for a copy of the procedure notes. I did get a copy of the pathology report but all it said was CIS.

My urologist ordered a CAT scan and the results aren't conclusive. He said there MIGHT be something in the bladder wall (not visible when they looked during the cysto). But, it COULD be tissue from the surgery. He had ordered a needle biopsy by radiology but they said no because it would be too risky to needle biopsy it. SO.....instead I get to wait four more weeks to find out if there is any change in the CAT scan.

From statistics I've seen, it doesn't seem very likely that I only have CIS in the one place that they removed without having it somewhere else. Anybody else have ONLY CIS? Did the BCG do the trick? The plan is to do the 6 week cycle, wait a bit and then do monthly maintenance with a quarterly Cystoscopy to look around.

Based on what I described, does this set off any alarm bells? Is there anything else I should be doing/asking at this time.

I'm sure I'm not telling anybody anything new, but at this point in the process, the waiting to find out something is a real pain. From what I gather though...waiting to find out is going to be the deal for the rest of my life.

Just diagnosed with CIS on 10/31/06 (TUR on that date).
Smoked forever, quit 11/5/06.
Male, 47 yrs.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

17 years 4 months ago #2172 by macsen
Replied by macsen on topic bcg after-pain and blood
Thought it was just me , after my second dose I had blood cots an loads of bleeding for 24 hrs also had terrible stomach pains They say I have an infection and given me antibiotics so I have to wait another week for my third treatment :'( what happens if I cant finish the course.

17 years 4 months ago #2120 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic bcg after-pain and blood
Star,

Here is a quote from my story here in the forum....

I KNOW that my UNC-Chapel Hill Urological Surgeon told me that if I wasthat I could.  

But, evidently, he didn't tell my local Doctor the same thing cause local doc just didn't want to hear it.

I bled an awful lot my last two instillations.  I don't know what it means, but it is miserable. :(

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2117 by star
bcg after-pain and blood was created by star
Okay friends I have been pretty chipper since feb 2006 when this all started and so far pretty much informed. I can say I am still a process of learning while going through this every 3 months. I had the first huge tumor{s} in feb er surgery then the 6 wk thing of bcg, then in april to finish the mess {scope} and new tumors-surgery, then bcg in may then scope in july surgery-bcg in aug then scope in oct-surgery and yes bcg again so I am adjusted to this scheme of things and the cath coming home sit for three day deal so I thought I had the "expecting" down par say even the 3 infections so of course here is my NEW QUESTION: This time around of bcg-burning oh my word and bleeding. After all this now I had red cool-aid for most of the evening drank 70oz of water to flush myself but why now and not before??? by next day fine. mmm
how many times in a year can you do bcg before something is affected???
ready to bring all this up next wed bcg day-if they even do it?
how many of ya have done this aggressive treatment schedule in their first year??
thanks friends. star :-/

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne