hi again

15 years 7 months ago #21173 by orpheus
Replied by orpheus on topic hi again
Hi Susant,
Your emotions about your latest news mirror mine. I really had a hard time dealing with facing another turb after 2 years of 3 turbs, 9 BCG treatments and many cystos.:( I also began to question the constant need for general anesthesia for my very tiny tumor or polyp. I got my medical records and found that I had had no biopsy of the previous "tiny tumors". They had been "burned away". I do not doubt that they were there, I just could not face yet another round of something I suddenly saw as unecessarily invasive.
I do not know if my feelings were merely a denial of BCG failure (and I do not know if it has failed really) or just anger at the doctor who was supposed to "save me".
I urge you to request your medical records, review them and get another doctor's opinion. You may have all the faith you can have in your doctor. You may be just feeling those emotions of anger and denial. Sometimes just hearing your diagnosis explained again can help.
Our forum is the place to lay it out and help the thinking process. People who are going through the same procedures can guide and calm you. You can step back and take a deep breath before going on. With BC it is really hard to keep on doing what seems like a losing plan over and over, and getting the same results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #21172 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic hi again
we all deserve a "sick" day once in awhile. it helps clear the air , so we can start the battle again
you go girl..we're all here to help
peter

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 7 months ago #21164 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic hi again
Just so you know it is ok to have a pity day. I do it myself every once in a while. BC is such a sneaky b*****d that it can scare us. So have your pity day and feel better. Then pick yourself up and battle on. Just remember we are marching by your side.

Webs

15 years 7 months ago #21163 by susant
Replied by susant on topic hi again
Sorry I am being a baby about this, but I am very depressed and having a pity me day today.
Is it pretty much ok to feel sad and worried that maybe this will lead to worse and worse cancer? Will it lead to cancer in other places? I can't believe this is happneing to me. No one in either side of myfamily has had this. i feel very picked on right now like the whole world is against me.

i suppose it will pass just that it is making me tear up all day :(
You all seem to take this much better than me :unsure:

15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #21147 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic hi again
Pat, (and Susan)

We have had the discussion about "zapping" before. Lots of us were uncomfortable with the idea. I searched the forum and found the answer Wendy gave a while back and it makes sense....

www.bladdercancersupport.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=27&func=view&id=5650&catid=8#5650

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 7 months ago #21146 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic hi again
Hi Susan,
Sorry to hear that you had a recurrence, but you sound as though you are in good hands. I·ve also had a couple of recurrences, zapped in surgery , and at the moment all clear. Have my 3 month scan next week, so will let you know how I go on. Good luck with yours.
Flamenco

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne