Mitomycin Availability

15 years 6 months ago #21225 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Mitomycin Availability
Hi David, Hope everything goes ok for you during your mito. treatment. I had one treatment when they took the tumors out and 2 dayslater I got sick from it. My uro never told me he was going to use it, needless to say I got rid of that uro.
Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21223 by Tootie
Replied by Tootie on topic Mitomycin Availability
pemquid and Patricia,

Thank You so much for the information. I found the website/contact info for Florida Infusion. I'm going to pass it on to Mother's doctor. He did mention that when they did find it, the source was in Florida. But it was a pharmacy and he wasn't sure that it'd be any easier to find again if needed. The whole situation seems odd - and scary. Thanks again.

15 years 6 months ago #21206 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Mitomycin Availability
Here is the Roche contact...the manufacturer
Call Roche Applied Science to buy products (US and Canada only; other locations use numbers below)
1-866-346-8242
Customer Service: 800-262-1640
Tech Support: 800-262-4911
Fax Number: 800-428-2883
Web Site: www.roche-applied-science.com

15 years 6 months ago #21199 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Mitomycin Availability
OK--I asked the nurse at my uro's office today where they were getting their mitomycin, and mentioned that some of you folks posting in these forums mentioned that your doctors were having trouble finding it. She did say that there had been a shortage for awhile, and that they had switched distributors. The brand they now have is "Novaplus." She kindly looked up the invoice for their recent order,and it's from: Florida Infusion, 1053 Progress Court, Palm Harbor, FL 34083. There wasn't any phone number on the invoice, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Hope this is helpful.

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

15 years 6 months ago #21109 by Tootie
Replied by Tootie on topic Mitomycin Availability
Yes, please. Thanks for offering.

15 years 6 months ago #21089 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Mitomycin Availability
I've been getting BCG (last 6 week treatment this Friday-YAY), but I see bottles labeled mitomycin at my uro's office (in Maine) so he obviously is not having trouble getting it. Would anyone like me to ask at the office where they are ordering the mitomycin?

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne