Cysto results- good, maybe?

15 years 7 months ago #20396 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Cysto results- good, maybe?
wonder if your uro uses autoflourescence?
www.patentstorm.us/patents/6289236/description.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20390 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Cysto results- good, maybe?
Lynn, I am glad you are going to have another cysto to find out just exactly is there. Better to know, than to worry for three months. Hopefully, it is just scar tissue or something else that is not of concern. Good luck and let us know the results.

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

15 years 7 months ago #20384 by ale53
Cysto results- good, maybe? was created by ale53
Hello all-

I had my second 3 month cysto August 1. No new tumors. Happy and relieved with that.

But I do have a hyper-vascularized area adjacent to one of my biopsy scar sites. My doctor gave me the option of waiting three months for my next cysto to check on it again and see if anything has changed. It could be the start of a new papillary tumor. Or maybe it has something to do with how the biopsy site healed orginally. So it may be something of concern or maybe not.

My other option is to have the area biopsied to determine its nature. She said she would "burn away" the remainder of the site at that time. After thinking it over, I decided to have the biopsy done. Besides the peace of mind of knowing what this spot is or isn't, we are trying to conceive. I think we'd like to know this is nothing before we continue trying. We've be trying for more than two years, so what's a few more months...If it does turn out to be something, my uro would like me to wait another 6 months before trying again.

I was watching the cystoscopy on the video screen (very cool, it was my first time to see it!) and as she moved over this area, even I thought "huh, that looks different". In this area the density of blood vessels is noticeably increased compared to the rest of my bladder. The area is circular in shape and about the same size as my biopsy scar (I'm not sure what the actually size is).

I'm waiting to hear back about when I can get on her surgery schedule. This will be an out-patient procedure done under general anesthesia.

Just in case anyone is wondering, she didn't say this looked like CIS or the start of CIS.

So I'm glad there wasn't another tumor but I still get to wonder what the deal with this hyper-vascularized area is.

For those who read my earlier thread, I'm sleeping better now. It helps that I am staying up far too late watching Olympics coverage.

Best wishes,
Lynn

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne