Clear Urine Cytology Test

15 years 8 months ago #20513 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Rosemary,

I have concluded that this type of cancer is an "inexact" science. My uro hardly believes they are worth the effort and says that a uro MUST do a beter job with the scope and not miss anything. That being said, I do believe the NMP22 is a good test. However, like you, I have read differing opinions on whether its best for low grade or high grade!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20509 by ginger
Replied by ginger on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Rosemary,

Glad to hear the good news,,,its wonderful!!!!ginger beane

15 years 8 months ago #20508 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Joey, Very interesting. I also had a FISH test and it was negative - that was right before my CIS was Dx'd. Hopefully, this new process that Rosemary educated us with, will help. I really thought CIS would show in a cytology. That is one reason why I was so floored when it was found I had CIS! My scope is 9/2 - I am taking all the information with me - I will let you know what my Uro has to say.
Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

15 years 8 months ago #20505 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Rosemary great news for you. I like Nix had 2 negative cytology tests and 1 negative fish test and one negative kidney wash. Yet a biopsy pick up focal CIS as read by one doctor. 3 other pathologist at one lab showed only atypical cells and another two at the hospital showed no cancer recurrence. For some reason the one pathologist saw something that neither 3 tests or 5 pathologist saw.

15 years 8 months ago #20440 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Nix,

Very good. If you get some clarification, please come back and share.
Good luck on your cysto!!

Buds,
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 8 months ago #20438 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Clear Urine Cytology Test
Rosemary,
When I go for my next "cysto" I am taking all your information for my Uro. Every Cytology I have ever had - for two years - comes back negative. Even my first one , and I had 5 Ta - and then when I had CIS dx'ed I also had a negative cytology.Altought it is great to hear negative, I want the whole story. Thanks again for the info. I really appreciate it :).
Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne