Symptom of BCG's?

16 years 11 months ago #5346 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Symptom of BCG's?
I just have to ring in here about drugs and natural healers.....virtually every miracle medicine has been borne of nature and yes the pharmaceutical industry has been able to synthetically reproduce these medicines and have the ability to regulate them so that the doctors who have only had a six week course in pharmacy will not overdose you with them. You could go eat the mold in your refridgerator for your bacterial infection ... or you can overdose yourself with valarium in your tea for a good nights sleep..........If you think for one minute going to a health food store and mixing and matching various plants is going to make you healthier without anyone overseeing what you're putting together...thats just crazy. Sorry its the pharmacist in me! Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #5345 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Hi Rosemary,

Hope you are feeling better today! As far as the BCG treatments go, do you have one left or two? My hubby's last treatment was on 4/27. They got progressivly worse as he went along. I'm so glad he's done with it for 6 months. He's had lots of burning, blood and flu-like symptoms. He keeps his normal routine at work and home but I know he hasn't felt that great. Anyway, my best to you and everyone going through this.

Yosemite

16 years 11 months ago #5344 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Symptom of BCG's?
On Wednesday, I had 2 teeth filled and on Thursday, I had BCG treatment. Heretofore, I have never had trouble and just always pooh-poohed offers of pain meds from dentist.  Yesterday, (Saturday) I woke up from a nap with terrible pain in my face.  The terrible edge remains unless I take Tylenol.  I will probably have to call the dentist tomorrow for antibiotics.

This may be another thing to consider....to delay dental work until after treatment???? :-/

It seems that I am more prone to infection at this time such as already documented:

Vaginal
Sinus
Dental

The BCG saga continues.  I am so glad that I have some buddies to share the pain with.
Thanks, guys. You are the best for listening.

Good night,
Rose  

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #5048 by Rosemary
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I've been wanting to show you all my toe, but I am very shy. I have always been told that my feet look like blunt weapons. It is a family trait.

The toe got so big and swollen that it began to blister at the bulges.

The rhematologist called this a "sausage digit" and it is a symptom of psoriatic arthritis which was triggered by BCG's.

Here goes

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 day ago #4993 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Hi Rosemary,

My husband's back pain is mainly in the lower back. I know it will get worse with each treatment so we're thankful that there are only 3. The treatments have always affected his lower back, along with the usual bladder pain & frequent urination. As far as the sinus problem, his could also be from allergies. We had a very strange winter in So. Cal. With almost no rain, I think the pollen has been very bad here too. So, it's hard to guess if it's BCG related or allergies. I wish you and everyone else on here the best of luck with their BCG treatments. I feel for everyone but, at the same time, I'm so thankful that this treatment is available. Take care.

Yosemite

17 years 1 day ago #4974 by Rosemary
Yosemite,

I don't know the answer, but my guess is that the BCG's are related to this sinustis. I have never had this type of low-grade infection before either. The pollen has been particulary bad this year in NC also, so I am hoping that these uncomfortable symptoms will let up when the pollen settles down. But, I may be wrong, and the whole mess may just be here to stay.

Glad your husband is doing well otherwise. Where is his back pain located BTW?

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne