Recurrence while on BCG maintenance

15 years 8 months ago #19409 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Recurrence while on BCG maintenance
I am very interested in your BC since I am only two years into this. First I had Ta and nine months later dx CIS - flathead multi focal. Had it removed and came back no invasive CIS. I have had 6 BCG and two maintenance (3X each) So far all clear:).
My Uro led me to believe that if another occurrence of CIS I would have to have my bladder out.
So after reading your post, I think I understood you to say you had CIS return and just had more BCG? Is that right? Did the BC then respond to the BCG?
Thank you for any insight you could share with me.

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #19391 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Recurrence while on BCG maintenance
I did, I continued with the maintenance and then eventually went for a cystectomy when my Cis came back. But I had recurrences for a long time (14 years) so i weighed this history into the equation too.

regs

tim

15 years 8 months ago #19166 by FAYH
Replied by FAYH on topic Recurrence while on BCG maintenance
Thank you, Sandie. Has anyone else had a recurrence of high grade noninvasive tumour while on BCG maintenance? What was recommended/done in your situation?

Fay

15 years 8 months ago #19011 by sandie
Replied by sandie on topic Recurrence while on BCG maintenance
I know that I had to start over with the 6 weekly BCG treatments. I was under the impression that any recurrence at any time pretty much puts you back at square one. Sorry.

15 years 8 months ago #19001 by FAYH
If there is a small high grade TA bladder tumour removed in a TUR, then the patient has 6 weeks of BCG and a couple of rounds of 3 wks BCG maintenance, and then they have another small high grade TA tumour, do they usually continue with the maintenance schedule or start back again with 6 weeks of BCG after the second tumour is removed?

Fay

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne