BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)

15 years 9 months ago #18992 by tate
Replied by tate on topic BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)
Not sure if there is a difference with men and women and the shot vs numbing jelly but I always had the jelly. I think it helps and definetly better then a shot down there...owwwie :ohmy:

See if you can have the jell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #18976 by tommyt
Replied by tommyt on topic BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)
Alan
Try to use the numbing jelly Mini spoke of. I've now had 15 BCG treatments, none with a shot and all with the jelly, lydocaine I think. Seems to work for me. Good luck with your treatments.
Tommy

15 years 9 months ago #18949 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)
Not unbearable hurt, itch & tickle but it didn't let up. Figuring it was the zylocain shot. I may try it without the shot. Thanks for the feedback.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

15 years 9 months ago #18948 by Mini2008
Replied by Mini2008 on topic BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)
My husband hasn't ever received a shot. He has had 6 treatments so far. They do use a syringe to insert numbing jelly. Depending on the nurse who inserts the catheter, sometimes he has minor pain afterwards. Hope this helps.

15 years 9 months ago #18944 by drosenberg
Replied by drosenberg on topic BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?)
I've always had the shot, & it does hurt a bit, but I haven't experienced any lasting discomfort. What you're experiencing seems unusual.

Don

Don

15 years 9 months ago #18936 by Alan
BCG, catheter & zylocain (sp?) was created by Alan
After my 4th initial BCG instillation, I am curious how many of you had the cath done without the numbing shot. So far that has been the worst part of the process! Hurt, itches & ticles unmercifully for a dya fater. Any of you handle the actk without numbing?

Thanks,

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne