Hi, after 5 days have past since my 5th BCG, now it

12 years 10 months ago #17995 by sarahlee
seems I have a fever, a reaction after 5 days yesterday and today,? tomorrow is my 6th BCG, is the reaction a lil late? or maybe its something else, anyone in the know here? thanks, ::)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #18001 by Nix
Hi Sarahlee,
I would think it is a little late to be from the BCG. However, you might have an infection. Did you report this to your Uro? I was always told to notify my Uro if I had any unusual reactions.
Let us know what you find out.

NancyS

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

12 years 10 months ago #18004 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Hi, after 5 days have past since my 5th BCG, now it
I was always told after any procedure to call my Uro if I had a fever
of 101 or more. Joe ;)

12 years 10 months ago #18032 by slabman
After my 3rd, I developed a fever about 4 days later and it turned out to be some king of bladder infection. So get back to the Doc ASAP with this. You do NOT want that infection to develop further!

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

12 years 10 months ago #18101 by dreamweaver
Replied by dreamweaver on topic Hi, after 5 days have past since my 5th BCG, now it
Hi Sarahlee,
I too had the same belated symptoms earlier this week after my 5th treatment.
The first 4 treatments were no problem, just urinary frequency and burning.
I had the 5th treatment on Wed. afternoon and nothing happened until Sunday when I felt achey with joint "weakness". I also felt a little feverish. The battery was dead on my thermometer so I don't know whether I had a high temp. This lasted 3 days. I had my 6th bcg today and told the nurse and she didn't seem that this was
out of the ordinary. They always check the urine before treatment so I would imagine a urinary tract infection would be detected.
Please let us know if you get the same belated reaction this week. I guess that if I have the same symptoms this week then I know it must be from the BCG. I hope it's nothing I sure don't want to develop TB and have to take all those pills!

12 years 10 months ago #18109 by sarahlee
Hi Dreamweaver and all, well my uro and nurse didnt think much of it they didnt want to check my urine, I asked no, but they havent checked it once over the six treatments. I must say I dont think they seem to care much, Im considering going to someone else after the look and see in 6 weeks,thanks for the replies I know I can count on the good folks at the site for info and insite. ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne