I might not do it

15 years 10 months ago #17549 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic I might not do it
We are all responsible for our own choices and it is fortunate that we are able to make them.
Here is my thinking. While Cancer is a frightening diagnosis, the more I read about bladder cancer the more I found that it is much more treatable than many others. BCG was a minor inconvenience for me...no where near what I went through with breast cancer 11 years ago. I would much rather have BCG than have my bladder removed, or worse...have to endure chemo.
We are so fortunate to be living at a time when such an option is available to us.
Good luck with your treatment.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17548 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic I might not do it
Susant,

I think that you are not reading the correct posts...There are many here who have had it and it has worked...it is ultimately your decision...but with cancer you better be PRO-ACTIVE while you still have choices...Be well informed...Surgery, Chemo, radiation, BCG, they are all difficult choices...but potentially life saving choices...Make sure you get all of the information pros and cons...I personally think that any treatment that can save you life is worth being sick or uncomfortable for a relatively short period of time...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 10 months ago #17541 by susant
I might not do it was created by susant
bcg stuff I been reading sounds awful. maybe it won't work anyway. I read somewhere here where it didn't even work. Then i read people getting awful sick too.

I feel good right now. i think I will ask my doctor if I really need it so bad.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne