I might not do it

15 years 9 months ago #17573 by tate
Replied by tate on topic I might not do it
Susant,

Please try the BCG. I promise you it has not been bad. I just came home from 4 0f 6 treatments. Alot of people have no problems at all. The worst thing for me is I feel tired the day after. I realized the nausua I felt was from the peridium (spell??) pill( you know the one that turns the urine orange). I have to eat something when I take it.

the week of my 1st treatment was the worst because I was so scared just like you. I was a mess and cried all week bfore that thursday. The treatment is really not bad. The catheter is the only discomfort and it is not bad. You and I are very lucky that we are not more advanced...and I want us to keep it that way. My heart breaks when I read about the advanced cases. We can get through this together...plus we have something else in common. Tate is my middle name...susan is my 1st so we are both Susan t... ;D

Please give the BCG a chance and fight this cancer!!!
-Tate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #17572 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic I might not do it
Susant,

It is natural to be scared! The unknown is always the scariest...the thing is, this is why you joined this board right? Those that have been where you are will help you along the way...if you have a concern ask...if you have a question just ask...in a few months you will be helping someone who is just as scared as you are now....we were all scared when we joined...you will be an expert in your area of BC in no time...Not that that is what anyone wants...it just somehow happens...

Best Wishes,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 9 months ago #17571 by susant
Replied by susant on topic I might not do it
Guess i'll get, just scared is all. thanks people :-[

15 years 9 months ago #17566 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I might not do it
I felt really good too until the tumor ate through to my muscle and even then i thought i felt pretty good.........how could all these top BLC doctors be so wrong?
Get the BCG and hope thats all you have to deal with.
pat

15 years 9 months ago #17562 by sarahlee
Replied by sarahlee on topic I might not do it
You havent read enough, or you only remember the negative stuff, honestly its not bad Ive only had 4 of 6 so far and no real complaints but thats just me . hey like someone just stated it sure is better than what it could be . read more look for more answers here at this site, most of the bcg at this site is positive. when do you start treatment? we are luky its offered,im glad for the bcg or more of us would loose bladders and more, just keep reading and good luck whatever you choose.

15 years 9 months ago #17551 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic I might not do it
I agree with Karen, get as much information as possible and be pro-active. Gee, I wish I had had early detection like you and had choices, but by the time I was diagnose it was into the wall of my bladder. I think any of us that have had an RC would have loved to be in your position with BCG to look forward to instead of the RC. The level of bladder cancer that you have is very treatable with great results after BCG. Listen to your doctor(s)and if you don't trust them, get additional opinions until you feel comfortable with your decision.

Regards,
Peter Konomos

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne