A Good Sense of Humor Helps!

17 years 5 months ago #1793 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic A Good Sense of Humor Helps!
Hi,

Great idea Lauren - on the same theme Elaine could tell her that she has female BC and that although men can't catch it they can act as the carrier - Elaine's husband's friend will probably run away every time he comes in :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #1792 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic A Good Sense of Humor Helps!
Elaine,

I think you should make a habit of going to her store and asking to use the bathroom often; then somehow drop into the conversation that your BC is contagious...!!!! ;D It would be funny to see how she keeps you OUT of the bathroom, eh?

Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

17 years 5 months ago #1790 by Mike
Hi,

have you thought of having her around for lunch one day and serving a choice of claret or rose Devilled Kidney on toast as a starter and then as main course Haggis.

You don't have to tell her that actually you used the traditional recipe - a sheeps bladder stuffed with various meats and veg!

You can tell her when your husband is out of the room that this is your sacrifice for him but you know his favourite is liver and onion, why doesn't she do the lunch next year!

17 years 5 months ago #1789 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic A Good Sense of Humor Helps!
We had a "whisperer; hugger." But only toward my husband. She is an old classmate of ours, just out of jail and working at the store my husband stops to get coffee every morning before he goes off to his work. She thinks I am going to die soon so she is doing everything she can to convince him that she is his next woman. It is really funny but I can't blame her. My husband would be a prize-- would be a very sought after bachelor IF I were dead!! He is good looking, silver hair, owns his own business and is pleasent and courtious to most people he sees, and is a very dedicated family man. Not only would he be a wonderful mate, but he could help her repay the 60K she embezzled and went to jail for. She whispers, "Oh, honey, how is she today?" She tries her best to touch or hug but hubby doesn't care to get that close. When I am with him she is much more reserved and not so concerned about my health. She came to my house, saying that she was just dying to see the inside of our old victorian house, so I teased my hubby that she was here checking her furniture placement. He cringed. She told him the next day that my dog, who only loves me and tolerates my hubby, just LOVED her! Then she remarked to him that maybe she should just move in with us. She would be closer to work and could help us out and we certainly have the room. Of course I take every oportunity to tease the heck out of hubby. He says even if she cleaned up and brushed her teeth he wouldn't touch her with a 40 foot pole. We shouldn't be so mean... I'm sure she is just trying to help as well as be convenient if something 'should' happen to me but it has developed into a source of amusment between us. I tease him until he shudders. I havn't had the chance to tell her that I will be around for a long, long time. She has such high ambition. Oh well, what can I say?

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

17 years 5 months ago #1786 by Mike
Hi,

A self help Bladder Cancer board is bad enough just think of self help Kidney Cancer!!!

Will that be grilled on toast or with diced bacon?

You get all these Jack The Ripper connotations - like tell a member of the public you are a member of a self help Kidney cancer group and they sure look at you strangely!

I am only just managing to get away with the TShirt that says Do More for Breast Cancer than a Bra - feel them! Can you imagine wearing one that says do more for Bladder Cancer join a club and help each other!

17 years 5 months ago #1784 by survivor
Replied by survivor on topic A Good Sense of Humor Helps!
Greg,
Thats a really funny one.. ;D

S R
Kidney Transplant 1998
Upper Tract TCC, Dec 2004
Native kidney Right Nephroureterctomy Dec 2004
Non invasive bladder cancer,High Grade, Ta,TURB Jan 2012
Native kidney Left Nephroureterectomy Feb 2012

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne