1st BCG tomorrow and stressed to the gills

15 years 11 months ago #16811 by tate
Thanks to each and everyone of you... I really appreciate You ALL and your post!!

Yeah I worried for nothing... sooo far everything is fine. I had the nicest nurse ever to help me through and understand this whole bcg process.

Joe your post sounded just like my experience with spasms that helps me not feel that is to weird.

Rosemary, I did tell them about the spasms but I need to call back tomorrow and tell them which Rx I have- My Doc.wasn't there and they couldn't find it in my chart. They are going to see if it can be switched since I am having such a reaction to th Rx. It wears me out for days- so much that I can't function, think clearly etc..

Karen...You are really close to me if you can see Forsyth..My doctor is off of Kimel Pk rd

thanks everyone for being here :)
-tate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16785 by Joey
Tate, what everyone has said is correct. I finished 6 treatments with little side effects. For about a month after my first Turbt I also had spasms etc and at times needed to clench my teeth when going to the bathroom. It lasted a good month. I will be starting my 3 maintenance rounds in about 3 weeks as I just had a stent placed in two weeks ago because of scar tissue. My doctor makes sure I am healed before BCG treatment and this appears also to be the case with your doctor. Feel free to send me a personal message if you want to talk. I too was a TA but it was 4 cm.

Joe

15 years 11 months ago #16783 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic 1st BCG tomorrow and stressed to the gills
you'll do fine

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 11 months ago #16768 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic 1st BCG tomorrow and stressed to the gills
You are going to be ok....anticipation is usually worse than anything you have to do...Your NC Buddy is thinking of you...if you need anything I am right around the corner tomorrow...I can practically see forsyth from my house....LOL

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #16763 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic 1st BCG tomorrow and stressed to the gills
Tate, I'd suggest *not* reading everything about the side effects. I anticipated many horrors before my chemo, and it was not nearly as bad as I'd imagined and read about. I shared a room with was a very strong-looking guy for one of my sessions... he looked like an former sailor or marine. By the time the nurse explained all the possible side effects he might have from the chemo, he was pale and almost physically ill before the treatment even started!

For most of my chemo, I got to watch television and my portable dvd player, listen to my ipod, and my wife brought me lunch from California Pizza Kitchen. Nowhere on the internet, my oncologist's printed information, or on people's posts here about chemo did I see television, movies, and pizza mentioned.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

15 years 11 months ago #16762 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic 1st BCG tomorrow and stressed to the gills
Tate,

Like the others have said, you'll be surprised at how easy it goes. My treatments took only five minutes. In my opinion, the average cystoscopy causes much more discomfort. I was apprehensive before my first treatment, but by the third or fourth I was back at work the same day. If you had a lot of tumor removal during your recent TURB you may experience some shedding of bladder tissue and clots, but that is not so much painful as unnerving the first time it happens. Any discomfort should be very manageable and should not occur until the 2nd, third or maybe even 4th treatment. Hope all goes well for you.

David

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne