Mom having 2nd scraping done, so afraid....advice?

17 years 6 months ago #1557 by momof3
Hi there

I posted in July about my mom being diagnosed with superficial bladder cancer. I have been taking her to dr appts, and trying to stay positive, but this week my dad has now gone in for possible colon cancer, and I just don't know how to cope with this.

This is the latest.

Mom had a scrape done on July 18/06. It was a very large flat tumor that had been there for a very long time the doctors feel. She went for her results last month and the doctor said he felt it was a slow growing tumor - I believe it is superficial. They couldn't get it all (which worries me, and I am wondering if that is common?). So on Tuesday she has to go for another scrape to get the rest. The doctor's office phoned on Friday and asked mom to come in 2 hours before surgery so he can talk to her first. I am so scared as to why he wants her in early. Could it be only for a pre-surgery consultation, as she didn't go for one before this surgery and she did for the surgery in July.

My head is swimming and I am usually very positive, but I feel like I can't think straight. Any help or opinions on this? Sorry if I have left anything out. I am not thinking clearly.

Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne