Fatigue Anyone?

15 years 11 months ago #15629 by gina
Replied by gina on topic Fatigue Anyone?
i hate to be the "downer" of the forum..but, today, the second day after bcg was no better than the first!...i had chills and sweats..not sure if i had a fever..i think our thermomater is no good...had hubby go get a new one...slept almost all day AGAIN...sheesh....ready for bed now too...hoping tommorrow gets better or a call to the uro is in order!...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #15601 by slabman
Replied by slabman on topic Fatigue Anyone?
As a follow-up, I have been taking some Vitamin B-12 over the past week and am pleasantly surprised at the improvement in my fatigue. Not sure if it's just the recovery period after the Cysto or how much the B-12 has contributed, but at least I can go into my first BCG treatment feeling a bit better. :P

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

15 years 11 months ago #15566 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Fatigue Anyone?
Gina
Happy you are all most thru with the initial BCG, however, keep a close watch on your fever. Make sure your doctor knows that you had a fever and how high. You really don't want to ignore that. After running low temps. (one time 101) my Uro suggested I take Tylenol every four hours on the day I receive my BCG. Tried that the last time and it worked. I just had a brief time (about 30 min) that I had chills.
Good luck - hang in there.
Nancy S

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

15 years 11 months ago #15564 by gina
Replied by gina on topic Fatigue Anyone?
well today was my 4th treatment!...i must say i felt pretty bad...now 7 hours later i am doing a bit better!...extreme fatigue, i slept for six hours...other than getting up to use the bathroom...had severe chills too...laid with my coat and two blankets...still shivering...only TWO more treatments left!!....and i'm home free.....i hope! ;)

15 years 11 months ago #15449 by slabman
Replied by slabman on topic Fatigue Anyone?
It's interesting to hear of a couple others who've experienced the same fatigue. I've felt this condition worsening over the past 6 months as my tumor grew, at least in my opinion. So now that it's been removed I guess I expect a sudden improvement, but I guess the ol' body just doesn't see it that way. Something I need to get used to, I suppose, considering the effects BCG might have on me. But I'll take that if the treatments work.

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

15 years 11 months ago #15385 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Fatigue Anyone?
Slab,

I can't honestly say that I felt an INCREASE of fatigue with BCG's. The fatigue and sleepiness had already been around a while. I would say that it was more like a MALAISE and sometimes a lack of energy on the day of treatment. But, that didn't really happen until about the 9th or 10th induction.

I sometimes take two naps on Sundays, and then get up, go to bed and sleep for 9 hours.

I don't know what's going on, but my problem started before Dx and was not increased by the BCGs'

Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne