BCG QUESTIONS

16 years 1 week ago #15358 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Becky, I just had my first BCG treatment today. They gave me a brochure from the company that sells the stuff. You put two cups of bleach in the toilet and let it sit 15 minutes before flushing. The is done everytime you go for six hours. The nurse also suggested that at the six hour mark I use the toilet one last time with the bleach to be sure that most of it is out of the bladder. So far, so good...the procedure was minimal. Now we see how I do the next day or so and the next treatments!!
ONE DOWN, FIVE TO GO!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #15357 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Becky,

You use the bleach in the toilet for six hours after treatment for each void. So, after six hours, you can quit with the bleach until the next treatment, and then it starts again for the six hours.

When you are asking about the side effects, if you mean the "normal" burning, bleeding, frequent voiding, achiness and feelings of malaise, that generally lasts no more than 24 hours after treatment.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 week ago #15356 by becky37
BCG QUESTIONS was created by becky37
I READ YOU BLEACH DOWN THE TOILET AFTER TREATMENT . DO YOU DO THAT FOR JUST THAT DAY OF TREATMENT OR THE WHOLE 6 WEEKS EVRY DAY EVERYTIME YOU GO POTTY ???? AND ABOUT THE SIDE AFFECTS DO THE SIDE AFFECTS AFFECT YOU EVERYDAY FOR 6 WEEKS + OR JUST FOR A DAY OR TWO AFTER EACH TREATMENT ????? BECKY

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne