BCG QUESTIONS

15 years 10 months ago #16283 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Hi Nazu..you might want to look at this page...because it is a live bacteria you want to destroy it so that it does not get into contact with yourself or any other household members.....blcwebcafe.org/content/view/109/119/lang,english/
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16281 by Nazu
Replied by Nazu on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Hello I'm new here, my dad was just diagnosed. I'm in India. We haven't started the BCG yet, but I was curious about the mention of bleach? No one has said anything about that yet, maybe they will when we go for the first instillation .. but all the same, just in case they don't I just wanted to check the reason you recommended putting bleach in the loo, is this to ensure the BCG is destroyed before it gets into the sewage system?

thanks,
Nazu.

15 years 11 months ago #15563 by becky37
Replied by becky37 on topic BCG QUESTIONS
glad to hear positive first time experiences. hope you all feel well today too. i have a 3 1/2 year old with a heart defect that was reconstructed at 2 weeks old. so i fear her contact with the live animal tuberculosis. she is sligthly lets say fragile. i talked to her cardiologist he says dont worry but mom is going to anyway. i am keeping the potty chair around and will probably insist my toddlers use that every time . OVERLY CAUTIOS MOM HERE. happy to see symptoms are 1-2- days only. becky

15 years 11 months ago #15450 by slabman
Replied by slabman on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Nice to hear of your favorable results. Here's hoping I'll have similar success when I begin my treatments.

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

15 years 11 months ago #15443 by Friday
Replied by Friday on topic BCG QUESTIONS
Hi Becky, I just had my first BCG yesterday. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I even drove my partner to work afterwards & then on home myself.

I was a little more tired than usual last night--but nothing extraordinary. At one point I remember thinking that my body felt like it had just been beat up--very achy, but that's it.

Good Luck :)

L.

15 years 11 months ago #15398 by gina
Replied by gina on topic BCG QUESTIONS
sara ann...so glad your first went smoothly!!...thinking of you, gina

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne