bcg

16 years 1 week ago #15344 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic bcg
My boyfriend has chronic lymphocytic leukemia and I was worried about the same thing. My doctor was a little unsure. I googled and found a website for the Leukemia Association...they have a place where you can email such questions. Answered me within a
day. Turns out that it will not cause problems in the case of CLL.
In fact, there were clinical trials using BCG to treat CLL....it was not effective, but none of the patients had reactions.

Sara Anne who is on her way to her first BCG

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #15332 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic bcg
Hi Rocky...i would trust the judgement of the Johns Hopkins doctors on this one.
Pat

16 years 1 week ago #15329 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic bcg
Rocky,

That is a good question to ask the doctors at Johns Hopkins. Sorry to hear that both of you are going through treatments at the same time. Good luck to you both.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

16 years 1 week ago #15320 by Rockyiss
bcg was created by Rockyiss
Hi guys, I have a question,has anyone ever got the bcg while having a spouse recieve chemo for something else? My husband has been diagnosed with non hodgins lymphoma and is getting chemo. I wondered if I was getting the bcg would that be a danger to his surppresed imune system ? Evan though I had a small reocurrance the Dr. is still saying I don't need the bcg. The other Dr wanted me to get them right away. But since I am going to John Hopkins I will trust thier way. Rocky

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne