i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday

16 years 3 weeks ago #14820 by gina
Rosemary and Patricia...thank you so much for the replies! I noticed at the bottom of RM's post you show your cancer "ratings"...lol..sheesh..can ya tell I am new at this. Seriously though, The doctor said my cancer was a superficial papillary tumor with aggressive cells. She never gave me the T1 or any other means of identifying what my cancer is...on the internet i find different "symbols" or "ratings" that i have no idea as to what they mean! HELP... I really appreciate the information P, I will be sure to go there and READ LOTS! Thanks again to you BOTH...gina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #14819 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday
Hi Gina...really hard to read the red ink........anyway read the page on BCG first on this site.........blcwebcafe.org/bcg.asp
Reactions are many and varied...some have no problem with it...others have a wicked time with it. There are many stories here on the forum under superficial bladder cancer...each one is unique in its own way. Its a start for you and i'm sure many will jump in to help you along the path.
Pat

16 years 3 weeks ago #14818 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday
Hi Gina!!!

You are about the same age as me when I was Dx'd in 2006. I wasn't perimenopausal and I wasn't menopausal up until that time, and then menopause happened REAL QUICK and then it was over, all at the same time as Dx. At least, the menopause part was really easy....

Usually, the first BCG is pretty benign. It isn't until later when you will know if you will have side effects. For me, about the 4th treatment, I began to realize that for me, BCG was not going to be a picnic.

Just to lend credence to what your nurse told you, some will breeze through BCG and some will not have such a good time at all.

Hang in there and try not to worry. I am 2 years and 3 months past Dx with no recurrance. If you have a bad time with treatment , come here and talk it out with us. We will understand!!!

Please keep us posted as to how it goes....

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 weeks ago #14812 by gina
hello, i am new here. yesterday i completed the first of my six bcg treatments. i am a 51 yr old woman, perimenopauseal. i felt even more tired than i have recently and had strange feelings within my head!...sounds a little weird, but then so am i!! ;) i guess all this cancer stuff has really gotten to me. i've been trying to remain strong by "denying" it's exhistence...i have two very young daughters and three older girls all of whom mean the world to me, not to mention my dear husband...i want this to be "easy" for them, thus my strong face! i assure my family that it will all be "ok", i will get through these treatments and that will be that!...i want so much to believe my own words..but, i guess in reality...well, anyway, i was told yesterday by the nurse that admistered the bcg that sometimes people are unaffected by the treatments while others may experiance side effects, each treatment getting a bit more difficult...please anyone reading this, give me some advice...or just share your experiances...good or bad...i appreciate this board and am so glad to have found it!!! ...gina

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne