i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday

16 years 19 hours ago #14895 by gina
thanks claudia...so happy for your dad and family!! regards, gina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 day ago #14880 by cas
gina,

my dad was diagnosed in october and just finished his bcg treatments two weeks ago. the only side effects he had the first five weeks was urinary frequency for about one day after the treatment. the last treatment caused him to pass some debris. he just had a cystoscopy and followup biopsy tuesday, both were negative. hope this helps with what to expect with the bcg treatment. take care and keep us posted.

claudia

16 years 1 day ago #14879 by gina
patricia, i got a copy of my pathology report today in the mail...it says,"non-invasive high grade papillary transitional cell carcinoma,with extensive adjacent carcinoma in situ. no other forms of "measure"

16 years 1 day ago #14873 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday
Gina...ask your doctor for the pathology report...it should give you stage and grade..that will at least make the reading a little easier....Pat

16 years 1 day ago #14859 by gina
Thank You Craig! I know what you're saying, I really do! It took me several days before I could tell our girls about my cancer!!...Our family has struggled for five long years with another separate trauma issue. After what seemed to destroy us, we fought hard and conquered it's evils!! I am not the "reason" we've made it through...but, I definately was the "glue" that kept us together. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair!...I told our girls that we made it through the hardest possible trial a family could face...my cancer is going to be "easy"!!...of course they already know that cancer kills...I was quick to point out that MANY survive and we've also spoke of the trials we may face throughout my treatment...I've tried to be very "realistic" while having our family talks..."my strong face" is as much for myself as it is for them!....you see, I struggle to keep "positive"...the truth is...I found this forum a week before joining!...it was like joining meant it were true!...anyway...after hearing STRENGTH permeate these many posts...I feel like a BIG BABY!!...I am so glad to have joined. Craig..it was one of your posts on your first BCG treatment that helped me tremendously!! thanks to ALL, gina

16 years 2 days ago #14857 by cstockton
Replied by cstockton on topic i am new..had first bcg treatment yesterday
Gina, as I read your post, the first thought that came to mind was "don't put on a strong face."

I only say this because, your transparency during this time will mean a GREAT deal to your daughters AND your husband. You can be strong while still acknowledging your situation, acknowledging your needs, and talking through your struggles with your family. My concern for myself is that I may act strong on the outside, denying my inner struggles and fears, and cause undue anxiety on myself and my family. By acknowledging my situation and talking through my feelings with my wife and children, I am able to accept their support and be an example for them when they face similar issues in their lives.

(for some reason, that didn't seem to come out as smooth as I wanted, but at the moment, I can't think of how to say that any differently).

As you have discovered, this is a great community of folks who have been there, who are supportive, and who are working through the same issues right along side of you.

Craig Stockton

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne