question about scar tissue

16 years 2 days ago #14830 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic question about scar tissue
My husband had a stent placed on March 13 because of a partially blocked ureter and swollen kidney. We met with the Dr. Friday and the way he explained the situation is that there is not much pain with a blocked ureter due to scaring or cancer so the ureter could become completely blocked and could result in renal failure therefore it was important to put the stent in before it got worse.
The ureter has a very small opening and apparently it does not take much to cause an obstruction.
From what we learned I would say it is important to have the procedure done as scheduled. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 days ago #14795 by cas
Replied by cas on topic question about scar tissue
hi,

my dad had pain in his lower back last week that has gone away. he is scheduled tommorrow for a stent placement (his kidney was swollen) the doctor told my dad he felt it was scar tissue causing the problem (he also had ultrasound). my dad called today to see if he could postpone procedure (he is scheduled for three month cystoscopy in april)since no more pain. the md called back and said that even without the pain the problem is still there and he wanted to do the stent and look at his bladder. he said there was a small chance tumor could be back but more than likely scar tissue causing problem. he also said that without pain it could be more serious. this is what really scares me. i thought not having pain would be could, it scares me when the doctor says that no pain is more serious. by the way, he had one tumor by the opening to ureter that was removed in decemeber. i hope this all makes sense, i am really scared right now that the tumor has come back (it was t1 g2-3) thanks for anyone who can help

claudia

16 years 3 days ago #14786 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic question about scar tissue
Here's a pic of a stent, Joe ;)

16 years 3 days ago #14785 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic question about scar tissue
Putting a stent in to open up the kidney is a piece of cake for these surgeons I had one put in during my Turbt. Now if you wanna talk about scar tissue I had a prior surgery before my RC and my incision from that was about 14 inched long and that operation was 5 yrs ago. It took my surgeon 2 hrs to cut through that scar tissue ouch glad I was in never never land. Good Luck, Joe ;)

16 years 3 days ago #14782 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic question about scar tissue
I had a stent for two weeks because of the location of my tumor. It was removed on 12/18/07 and so far I have had no problems with scar tissue. I did recently pass some dark "flakes" about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser and I have no idea what they could be.

Joe

16 years 4 days ago #14770 by cas
question about scar tissue was created by cas
hi,

i wondered if anyone else has had an experience with scar tissue. my dad had one tumor at the entrance to his ureter removed in november and just finished his bcg two weeks ago. the last bcg treament caused my dad to pass alot of debris, otherwise he did fine. last week he had some back pain, an ultrasound of his kidneys, bladder, etc showed that his one kidney was swollen, otherwise the ultrasound was negative. the md talked to my dad and said that there was scar tissue causing the ureter to not drain well. he will have a stent placed on tuesday and i think the md may open up the ureter opening if need be. i am glad that it is only scar tissue causing the problem but am still nervous about him having to go through another procedure. thanks.

claudia

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne