Cystectomy Needed for Recurrences of TA, CIS Non-Invasive BLC?

16 years 2 weeks ago #15081 by becky37
OK I AM COFUSED ABOUT ALOT. my situation having a dr who would not talk to me and come to find out my ex dr had a bunch of terminology wrong and i am just now relearning what i have etc. let me ask you what is CIS? BECKY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #15063 by Dale50
David,

I was diagnosed with muscle invasive cancer October 8th as I told you and sent to Baylor College of Medicine where Dr. Seth Lerner practices and teaches RC, my surgery was scheduled for December 3rd. I had a very important meeting that started on January 6th and wanted to pstpone surgery until after this meeting unless the delay put my life in danger, Dr. Lerner said he did not approve of the delay and his thoughts were it would put me in danger. I sought a second opinion on the delay and two other doctors agreed with Dr. Lerner, I could not find anyone to agree with me. Today I am glad I did the surgery when I did and had no signs of cancer outside the bladder. Be brave and remember being alive with a neo-bladder is better than being dead or battling other forms of cancer from spreading, this is what my wife tells me when I have a bad day! Good luck and I hope it never comes to RC but if it does know we have great doctors in Houston.

Dale

16 years 2 weeks ago #15040 by ddoyle
Thanks Jerry and everyone. Yes, we are all in this together and we strengthen each other through our prayers and words of strong encouragement and genuine compassion. And yes, we will win. I'll post my path report results when I get them this Friday.

David

16 years 2 weeks ago #15026 by KALWASINSKI
David. Been on this BC Road Trip for a year now and yes it is not easy.I want you to know we got to keep on fighting we can win and I think you will. You have helped a lot of us out here in BC Land. My prayer's go out for you and all my brothers and sister in this BC problem. If we get off the shore we will be tough to beat. Jerry

16 years 2 weeks ago #15003 by ddoyle
Becky,

It was pretty tough when the inflammation was at its worst: bleeding, burning >:( :-\...lots of advil and other painkillers helped. Once or twice I even had a couple glasses of red wine but that was only a temporary relief. Good news is it passed after a few months. I think that people who have a severe reaction to BCG will probably have a similar reaction to myto, as I think I surely did back in December...

Good news is you haven't had any CIS, right? ;)

Hoping the best for you...

David

16 years 2 weeks ago #14959 by becky37
HI DAVID, MY UROLOGIST SAID THERE IS A 15% CHANCE FOR SUPERFICIAL LOW GRADE CANCER TO ADVANCE. AND HE SAID I COULD GO 10 YEARS OF HAVING MY TUMORS REMOVED EVERY 3 MONTHS. HE ISNT EVEN CONCIDERING REMOVZAL AS OPTION . DX 7-07. WHEN YOU HAD YOU IFFLAMATION DID YOU URINATE CONSTANTLY ???? AND DID YOU SCREAM WHEN YOU URINATED ?? I HAD REACTION TO MYTO MYSELF

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne