Bad News

16 years 1 month ago #14078 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Bad News
Sara Anne:

We can all appreciate your fear and anxiety, what with having to wait for more information. I have had 4 TURBT's and multiple recurrences of both papillary and CIS tumors
BUT (wait for this...) ---- they were all noninvasive. Your doc needs to verify that yours are non-invasive, that is they have not invaded the muscle tissue. This is what you want to hear, and we all hope that is the case for you. Many of us have walked the same path and we are here for you.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14075 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bad News
Got tired of waiting to hear when the CT scan would be....Dr. said
it would be scheduled ASAP...So called the office. Interminable wait while listening to KPBS fundraising. Gal said there wasn't any mention of it....
then she FOUND it. Next Wednesday. Wonder how long they were going to keep it a secret....THERE IS SOME ANXIETY INVOLVED HERE. If any bad stuff has gone outside the bladder, it is a whole 'nuther ball game. I really like my urologist, but the office staff is spread way too thin and is VERY disorganized.

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

16 years 1 month ago #13939 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Bad News
Actually it was Franklin D. Rooselvelt who said that...but Winston might just as well have said it.

16 years 1 month ago #13919 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic Bad News
Sara,

I too want to send my support and prayers. No matter how many times I am told that the likelyhood of not surviving non-invasive BC, it still is a blow to the emotional stability. Just like others have told you here, I would tell you to take a deep breath and then move on. I'm lucky enough here to be close to the ocean and can go there to calm myself and pray. You might go to your favoirte place where your feel you can rejuvenate your emotional strength. Try to remember that our Heavenly Father will never give us more than we can carry. Turn to Him when you feel the burden is more than you can handle at this time. My prayers are with you too while you go through this difficult time.

Chuck

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

16 years 1 month ago #13897 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Bad News
,Hi Sara ,I am sorry you got the news you got today. I just got back from John Hopkins an hour ago from having a turb done and decided to check the site. I know that there are many on this site and off that have lived long happy lives while dealing with b.c. You will make it, take a deep breath ,Maybe go for a nice walk and think this through like you said. There are wonderful people in this group that will help you to walk this trail and you won't be alone. I guess I tend to think of the millions of people that have beat cancer or their living productive lives with it, I think it was Winston Chruchill that said "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itsself" I will praying for the Lord to give you the peace of mind and strength you will need for this time in your life. Remember it is all right to cry and be in shock and to share any other feelings you have ! love from Rocky

16 years 1 month ago #13893 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bad News
No, I didn't. He did say that it was about 2-3 cm. I need to think this all through and then get a copy of the path report. Your mind just sort of goes blank!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne