BCG Treatments

16 years 2 months ago #13727 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic BCG Treatments
I have had 3 of 6 so far and have had no side effects. The true test will be the next three. I was just DX in Dec with low grade non invasive, however because the tumor was 4 cm the doctor suggested the BCG treatments.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13703 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic BCG Treatments
Thanks Ro.
Thanks Connie.

Simon.

16 years 2 months ago #13701 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic BCG Treatments
Simon,

I have had two rounds of BCG, 6 weeks each time, so far. Although some people have side effects, especially after the last couple of treatments, I had none. And the first round kept me cancer-free for 7 years. Like Rosemary said, most side effects, if there are any, are relatively minor.

Best of luck to you. Connie

16 years 2 months ago #13699 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic BCG Treatments
Hey Simon!!

BCG's affect people in individual ways. MOST people breeze right through them with minimal side effects such as burning, bleeding and frequent urination. Some people feel mild flu like symptoms for about one day. Most of these symptoms are for the duration of the day of treatment and then next day, life goes on as usual.

There is an issue of dedicating a toilet for 6 hours after treatments in order to detoxify the urine with bleach (flushed after 20 minutes.) I always took the day off from work on the day of treatment. I don't think my coworkers would have appreciated me coming to work.

I was the .01% of BCG patients who had more severe side effects. But, we wont' go there. I am sure you will be the 99.9% who can tolerate BCG okay...

Let us know how it goes...

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13695 by Simon
BCG Treatments was created by Simon
Hello again.
38 years old, male. Large tumor removed 14 months ago. Re-cur and removal of 2 small tumors Jan 24. Papillaery, non-invasive.
My Uro tells me if I have another re-cur, I will start BCG Chemo.
Can any of you provide some insight... What can I expect during and after?
Thanks,
Simon.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne