BCG Treatments

16 years 1 month ago #14200 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic BCG Treatments
Thanks to all of you!
Craig, I will have to hash that out with my Uro should I need to after my next poke and peek. He did mention that I would start Chemo should I have another tumor. When I mentioned BCG treatments, he didn't make that clear. I'm hoping my next look will be clean and I won't need any treatments.

Simon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14062 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic BCG Treatments
Simon,

Did my first six on Wednesdays late in the day and was fine for work the next day. I found out that they do treatments on Saturdays and so I go in for maintenance on Sat mornings and am fine for Sunday. But make sure to have a dedicated toilet with plenty of bleach. I think that thinking about the treatment has been far worse than the procedure itself.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

16 years 1 month ago #14059 by vervidj
Replied by vervidj on topic BCG Treatments
Simon,
  I had three tumors non-evasive Jan. 2005 and had surgically removed.  carried a bag for 10 days after.  Went for followup office visit and had one more tumor which was smaller and hidden behind a larger one.  all together if put side by side the doc. said the would measure approx. 10 cm.  The doctor recommended BCG treatments 6 at first with two months off (summer) 6 more again in the fall, there after 6 more BCG treatments. total 18 treatments. With listening close to the doctors instruction it made it not so bad for me.  Not everyone reacts the same.
After each treatment I would lay down and every few minutes roll from back to front and front to side etc. He told me to hold BCG in my bladder for 1-2 hours.  Also to drink plenty of water after for a few days. 
I just had a cysto Feb.22, 2008 and doc. showed me on the screen the scar tissue from the removed tumors. There is no reoccurance at this time.  My visits were 3 months apart and now 6 months.
I hope this is not too detailed and may help in some way... think positive...

Don

16 years 1 month ago #14057 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic BCG Treatments
Had my 4th BCG treatment on Monday and had little burning with increased frequency. On to my 5th this Friday.

Joe

16 years 1 month ago #14039 by cstockton
Replied by cstockton on topic BCG Treatments
Simon,

From your original post, did you mean "BCG Chemo", or "BCG or Chemo". I may be mistaken, but I believe those are two different treatments (one with Tuberculosis, and the other with something like Mitomycin). Both of these treatments are "instillations" into the bladder, but unique in the components, the way they attack the cancer, and the symptoms resulting. I know I have put this in at least two other posts tonight, but the article by Dr. Lamm concerning BCG and Chemo treatments is excellent ( blcwebcafe.org/protocol.asp ).

Craig Stockton

16 years 2 months ago #13767 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic BCG Treatments
Thanks Joe. Please keep me posted.
I haven't hashed any of this out with my Uro, my next poke and peek is April 28. I'm sure I won't have to.

When I first started this adventure I really received some great advice. It really helped me to have some understanding of what events may lay ahehad. The support I received from people who had previously travelled a familiar path helped me to be strong when I had complications from my first surgery. Mentally I'm better off knowing something as opposed to nothing. I guess I really value the opinions of people who have been there and done that.
Thanks again...
Simon.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne