It's back....

16 years 1 month ago #14026 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic It's back....
That is great news, congratulations! It seems you are establishing a history of low grade papillary. Was Mitomycin instilled at your TURB? It has been shown to kill seeding tp avoid recurrences. Has your urologist mentioned that? Am I correct to assume a TAG1 is always papillary - anyone. Rosie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14023 by maxmag
Replied by maxmag on topic It's back....
GREAT NEWS...I WAS PRAY'IN FOR YA.
MAX ;D[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Max
Age 70
Ta G2
Dx March 2007

16 years 1 month ago #14012 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic It's back....
Fantastic! An excellent outcome. I'm very happy for you. "Whew" is right!

Connie

16 years 1 month ago #14008 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic It's back....
Tumor was TaG1, same as initial tumor two years ago. My doctor says if it comes back again in six months (I do cytology at 3 mos), we will treat with BCG. He is concerned it came back, but we are very happy it had "no evidence of lamina propia (sp?) invasion"...

Whew!!!

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

16 years 1 month ago #13967 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic It's back....

Lauren,

I had the same shock of going two years without a recurrence then a suspicious red area was seen. I waited for some time before I had the TURB done because in the first two years I had 3 TURB's done when something suspicious was seen yet the path report from the 3rd TURB said the growths were so small that one fell apart when an instrument was touched to it and the other could not be analyzed. After that, I wished the urologists office would have the policy and capability to do the "biopsy" right then and there rather than my having to go through pre-op tests and set up an appointment for a hospital TURB. Over my past 8 years in this bladder cancer journey, I have known numerous people who have had their biopsy or fulguration done right in the office. Of course, you need to feel confident that your particular type, grade, stage shows a history of low grade, non invasive. Rosie

16 years 1 month ago #13917 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic It's back....
Hi all,

As you can see with my profile, I am a newbie here, but not new to the disease. I was first diagnosed in the summer of 2005. I had a non-invasive T1 tumor that my Urologist said was about the size of a golf ball. I could not believe that I could grow one that big and not be symptomatic. It was discovered after a routine physical that showed a small amount of blood in the urine. In any case a couple of weeks later I had my first TURB as an outpatient with full anesthesia. This was followed up with quarterly cystos. Twice in the first year small polyps were found and were removed by what you are calling a “snip and zap”. I have to admit they were uncomfortable, but not intolerable. The extreme burning while urinating with every cysto and TURB has been my chief complaint.

Last January with my quarterly cysto,, my Uro. found four new polyps and I was back having my second TURB (it had been over a year with clean cystos). The pathology came back as TA. My Uro. also stated that he found several other areas that looked suspicious but the pathology came back benign. He has recommended that I start Mitomycin C therapy for eight weeks. I start next Monday. I am apprehensive, but I have to admit finding this Web-cafe is helping with the mental challenge. So thanks for the support and I will try to contribute my experience and support to others

Chuck

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne