My Doctor gave us good news after a second Tur

16 years 1 month ago #13219 by Patricia
Whew....well it really depends on what was on the slide. I know the slides i brought to MSK were not adequate for evaluation which is why i was scheduled for a second TURB to go back a resect the original tumor......do you know if the ORIGINAL tumor was resected? Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13214 by Mike
Rosemary,we have not seen the conflicting report, although we have requested it today probably get it next week when the offices are open. we were told by the second surgen that he saw no cancer in the muscle wall. so thats where we stand on one hand I would like to go with good report and just be happy, but Id like to be more sure. thanks

16 years 1 month ago #13213 by Rosemary
How is the second path worded? Does it say "No muscular proparis present"?

That's how mine was worded......

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 month ago #13212 by Mike
Rosemary, no the second turb found no cancer in the muscle. The first lab that saw muscle invasive tumor was done with the specimen from the tumor of,my first turb. the conflicting report was done from a slide, could this fact effect the pathologists findings slide versis specimen? thank you sodacat

16 years 1 month ago #13209 by Rosemary
Does your second path say that there was muscle tissue present????

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 month ago #13208 by Patricia
Very confusing.......because initially you stated that there were multiple tumors and first doc did not get them all...but what he did get showed invasion. Second uro....may have removed different tumors that were not invasive.....what about the intitial tumor? I don't know i would really question this. Is there enough of a specimen from the first TURB to send to someone like Johns Hopkins or MSK? Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne