My Doctor gave us good news after a second Tur

16 years 2 months ago #13205 by Mike
thank you all for sharing I had my latest path report e mailed to me today. it says the tumor is mainly low grade with a focus of high grade carcinoma5% and there is no muscle or lamina invasion.what do you think? thanks sodacat this is nothing like the first report in dec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13192 by Rosemary
Sod,

Your situation is a little bit similar to mine. I had a second TURB 6 weeks after the first. My stage and grade was upgraded at that time to T1 G3. However, this second pathology had the local pathologist baffled. According to the path report (in essence) it was determined that the results showed that the stage and grade COULD be good or it COULD be bad. (Something to do with "inversion" and "Brunn's Nests". The patholoigst sent the slides to the University Hospital in Chapel Hill and they determined that the results COULD be good or they COULD be bad, but they decided to favor the BAD opinion....

that's the way it happened with me.

Send those slides to a good University Hospital....make sure that the 2nd specimen has plenty of muscle tissue.

Your Bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13188 by Patricia
Well this is interesting...as my initial TURB done locally showed muscle invasive disease.......got on a plane to Memorial Sloan and the infamous Dr. Herr who did a second TURB....got the remaining tissue and margins left behind by the first Uro and at that point since all was removed i no longer had any cancer cells in my bladder...however, since it was into the muscle it was still considered to be highly aggressive and the recommendation was to get the bladder out....it would be back.
I don't know...i think i would want a doctor and pathologist not associated with the first doctor to view the slides. I mean i really really hope that it was not into the muscle and that you just had a poor uro and lousy pathologist....just be absolutely sure. Pat

16 years 2 months ago #13180 by Mike
My first Doctor sent me to the second doctor who saw the pathology report and disagreed with the results and went in to remove the remainder of the tumors left by the first surgen, the first surgen said there was too much blood and was unable to see well enough to remove all the tumors that were present, I had two transfusions while in the hospital, so that part seems reasonable.

16 years 2 months ago #13179 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic My Doctor gave us good news after a second Tur
Well, maybe the confusion relates to different biopsies if you had more than 1 TURB. If the first TURB showed muscle invassive disease and the second TURB didn't, that's great becuase they got the whole thing out, but that's not adequate treatment for muscle invasive disease. If there's a question about the pathology results that said you had muscle invasive disease you need those slides reviewed by another pathologist.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 2 months ago #13177 by Mike
Hi Pat, two different doctors and two hospitals.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne