Back from 5 days of agony

16 years 1 month ago #13159 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back from 5 days of agony
I had it done during my Turbt as I said and I still have this stent today and it is working fine. How they put it in I am not sure all I cared about is that it worked. I was in the hospital overnight for the Turbt and the stent worked immediately. Take Care, Joe ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13125 by Sol
Replied by Sol on topic Back from 5 days of agony
Thanks Joe, for the info. What type of procedure was used to insert the J-stent? Was it a nephroctomy? or inserted through the bladder into ureter and then kidney?
How long did you stay with the stent? How quickly did the blocked kidney thing resolve? Any recovery period from the stent procedure?
I do trust my doctor, but sometimes one must be on top of the doctor too. They're human beings, you know.

Sincerely,
Sol,

16 years 1 month ago #13115 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back from 5 days of agony
Sol you kind of answered your own question here the Dr. can't find the opening to the ureter to the kidney because of scar tissue. So right now your kidney is blocked and I doubt if it will fix itself. When I had my Turbt done I had a blocked ureter and they put what they called a J-Stent in to open it up and get my kidney working that worked like a charm. The main thing is if you trust your Dr that is important but a blocked kidney for week ain't good either just my thought. Take Care, Joe ;)

16 years 1 month ago #13113 by Sol
Replied by Sol on topic Back from 5 days of agony
Thanks for your response,

I am with one of the biggest doctors and one of the best hospitals in NY. The reason why he didn’t do anything yet is he is hoping to avoid it. The CT scan doesn’t show any significant swelling to concern him that the kidney will get damaged. At the rescraping procedure he couldn’t find the opening to the ureter leading to the kidney.

The doctor claims nothing will happen in a week until I see him again for ultrasound.

This whole thing is very confusing; I already had 3 such procedures and was home the same afternoon. That is why I am searching for answers.

Sincerely,
Sol,

16 years 1 month ago #13101 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Back from 5 days of agony
Wondering if the ureter is blocked why the uro didn't place a stent or try to remove some of the scar tissue? If urine is backing up your kidney will swell and a nephrostomy tube placed to drain it......but the problem still exists of a blocked ureter which maybe you need another quick opinion from a larger center and more practiced urologist? You don't want to lose a kidney. I would not let this go a week........just my opinion. Pat

16 years 1 month ago #13098 by Sol
Back from 5 days of agony was created by Sol
I had my cystoscopy and rescraping done last Friday due to the reoccurrence of my T1 BC. When I woke up I began feeling excruciating pain in my abdomen and lower back. Was told that the doctor couldn’t find the opening of the tube leading from the bladder to the kidney was possibly blocked with scar tissue. Stayed in the hospital until today. CT Scan was taken showed very slight swelling to the kidney. Was told to come back in a week for a follow up to see if it will resolve by itself.

Don’t have too much strength now to write and describe what I went thru the last few days.

My main question is if anyone experienced this before? Will this be resolved completely or will it be necessary to insert a tube to drain the kidney?

Sincerely,
Sol,

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne