Glad to know I'm not alone

16 years 2 months ago #13075 by Barbnks
Replied by Barbnks on topic Glad to know I'm not alone
Hi thanks for the questions. It looked lumpy to me but that might be the wrong adjective to us. I forgot to ask the Dr. what stage it was that he found in Oct. Once I saw it was back I guess I just got lost in thought. My TCC in the kidney is why I have the bladder now. The lining in the bladder is the same as in the kidney and it can go to the bladder if after it has been removed. No I didn't have anything else done after he removed the first tumor in the office in Oct. Hope this helps.

Barb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13071 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Glad to know I'm not alone
Barb,

Hi. I've never heard of a lumpy looking thing in the bladder. Mitomycin isn't so bad.....do you know what your stage and grade was from your first TURB? Also, was your kidney TCC related to your Bladder Cancer???

I take it that you did not have any treatment after first TURB in July???

Lots of questions....glad you are here..

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13070 by Barbnks
Replied by Barbnks on topic Glad to know I'm not alone
Thank you Jo, I know I need to calm down about it all. The unknown can really get to you sometimes. Can you give me any ideas on foods that I should or should not be ? eating before, during and after chemo? Thanks again

Barb

16 years 2 months ago #13068 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Glad to know I'm not alone
Getting this type of chemo is really not worth getting yourself all worked over, and no need to make yourself sick over it. I gather you have a lower stage of BC and you should do just fine. I had a Stage T3 G3 and needed to have chemo and then the surgery. But even with the systematic chemo some people just think about it and get themselves sick, take everything as it comes. Good Luck, Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #13067 by Barbnks
Glad to know I'm not alone was created by Barbnks
I am so happy to have found people who know what I am talking about when I talk about this bladder cancer. I feel alone in this journey. My husband is great and is very supportive but sometimes I just want him to cry with me. He just says everything is going to be fine.
I go into surgery next week and start the mitomycin chemo in the bladder. I am scared to death and worried what the outcome will be. I have felt sick to my stomach for the last few days just thinking about it all. I have tried being upbeat and happy but right now I am just not happy. People around me keep saying things will be fine, quit worrying, well I don't know how to stop.
Will I be seeing an oncologist after surgery? I forgot to ask my Dr. I think I just went blank when he said it was back.
Ok just wanted to check in, sorry for going on and on.

Barb

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne