Biopsy Positive- Need Info on Neobladder Surgery

16 years 3 months ago #12315 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic Biopsy Positive- Need Info on Neobladder Surgery
Sol,

Sorry to hear about your results. I believe you had discussed in another post that you were thinking about traveling to Phoenix to see Dr. Lamm (and I think you have communicated with him via email as well). My suggestion is to make that trip (or a similar one to a closer onc-uro facility for a second opinion) and to visit the "invasive" portion to hear from people who have undergone RC. My tumors recurred twice, but all stayed TaG1 - so far have been clear for almost a year (with initial BCG and maintenance), so I cannot say that my experience is similar. I hope to never have to make the same decision you are faced with, but I would want as much info as possible before I did. I would consider second opinions, understaging, and ultimately trying to be cancer free to live as long and healthy a life as possible.

Good luck to you,

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12310 by Sol
Hello my dear friends...............

I am still in shock from the results I just received of my last biopsy. Had some redness and now the results came back that there is a reoccurrence. Although thank god that it’s non invasive and didn’t penetrate the bladder wall, but here is the initial advice from my doctor:

Due to the fact that I had 1 round of 6 BCG treatments, 1st cystoscopy after 3 months was perfect but now the second cysto shows the cancer coming back he is recommending the procedures I was hoping I will never need, "NEOBLADDER SURGERY".

Until today I never really researched Neobladder but I understand that this is probably the best and safest option left for me.

Would anyone know of someone that is in my position and opted not to do the surgery and was successful too stay cancer free?

Does anyone know where I can read in detail what happens from the first day of
a neobladder surgery until someone recovers fully?

What are the worst issues that I will go thru?

How long after the surgery will it take until I am able to return to work?

I thank everyone that responded to me in my previous posts. This has meant so much to me. The information I received on this forum is invaluable.

Sincerely,
Sol,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne