Debris crystalised on resection site of BC

16 years 3 months ago #12316 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic Debris crystalised on resection site of BC
Potter,

I had what I think the doctor told me were "calcified" deposits on the former tumor sites at my first cysto following TURBT. My cytology results also came back positive at that time combined with a high PSA test, so I underwent three additional surgeries taking visual and/or biopsies from former sites, as well as the ureters, renal pelvises, and prostate. I cannot say for sure that he was concerned with just the deposits, nor can I say that I would have had any additional surgeries/treatments without the positive cytology/high PSA.

(Subsequently, all visuals/biopsies and most recent voided FISH and cysto all negative.)

I looked at any additional follow-up procedures as insurance to make sure I still didn't have cancer (or if I did, I was hopefully catching it early).

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12291 by Potter
Replied by Potter on topic Debris crystalised on resection site of BC
Hi Cynthia,
thanks for your endeavour. Hopefully, I will get to know a little more about my problem and be able to discuss with my surgeon in an informed manner my possible treatments. Once again - thanks!

best wishes, Potter

16 years 3 months ago #12286 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Debris crystalised on resection site of BC
Potter this rings no bells with me but I have sent out an email to someone I know to try to get you some information. I hope that does the trick.
Good luck!

Chin up and straight forward

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

16 years 3 months ago #12279 by Potter
Hi all,
happy new year! Posted this question before but never received a single response. Is this problem really that rare? Basically my surgeon has informed me that stones have embedded themselves into the jellified wound of the former cancer site. He's talking about rescraping the site and possibly a follow up prostrate operation. Is there anybody out there who has shared this experience or know where I could read more on this subject.

Best wishes, Potter :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne