T1-G3 Back after 8 mo.--RC on jan 10th

16 years 3 months ago #11829 by marie
Replied by marie on topic T1-G3 Back after 8 mo.--RC on jan 10th
Duane,
I just had my pre-op yesterday and was offered an epidural instead of morophine for pain...it will stay inserted for a few days. Is that an option for you?
Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #11825 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic T1-G3 Back after 8 mo.--RC on jan 10th
Duane,

I am sorry to hear about your recurrance. I know that you will be glad when this is over.

Please be sure to be very clear with your Doctor about how you feel about morphine before you go into surgery. Hopefully there will be something else available for you that won't give you discomfort.

Good luck with the surgery and please keep us posted.

Your Bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 months ago #11823 by marie
Replied by marie on topic T1-G3 Back after 8 mo.--RC on jan 10th
Hi Duane,
Sorry to hear about your reccurance...I can relate because I was diagnosed in Aug 07 T1G3, and I've had 2 reccurances since - multiple sites - (didn't really have time for treatment in between the 3 TURBTs). Having the RC Jan 18, so I feel your pain. :'(I'm also going for the outside bag even though I'm an active 48 year old ... I don't think I'll be able to handle the potential things that come along with a neobladder for women. Anyway, I'm really trying to stay focused on the vision of life back to almost normal...say by the summer. Try and do that too. I'll keep you posted as I find out things that I'm sure we'll both be interested in.
Take good care, and try to enjoy the holidays.
Marie

16 years 3 months ago #11813 by Duane
After dealing with the fact that my bladder has to come out now I have a whole new set of questions. I had 3 realy bad days trying to cope with the news. But with the help from friends & family I know I must move on. I went to see Doc. Foster at IU Med Center for a second opinion. He backed up what Doctor PIKE explained to me, that with reacourance after 8 Mo. not to wait any longer .I can now move on knowing my Doctor tryed to save my bladder but it just wasn't ment to be. I'm not looking foward to the first 4 days after surgery but trying to psyc. myself up to putti'n up with IT.I hope the have other pain meds. besides morphine, that stuff made me nausious and affected my vision. After looking at the 3 options I am going with the outside bag. I'm just wondering about the placement of the stoma.---Anyone with a bag I would like to know if the shape of the bags determin where the best fit would be.
ON A LIGHTER NOTE---Lord knows we need something to laugh about
I was checking out the sites that have bag covers . I saw one that said they had a camafloge(sp)cover ,I thought huuummm mabe something in a flesh tone --a little hair (Im very hairy) would be just the cover I was looking for. Turns out to be tree leaves,now what the heck--do they expect me to go squirel hunting in the nude. THANKS Duane dob-1/1/47

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne