Frequent Urination

16 years 4 months ago #11199 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Frequent Urination
Will be interested to know what the dr. thinks - and what he intends to do about it.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11197 by laubsman
Replied by laubsman on topic Frequent Urination
Warren;

Uroflo, no. Ultrasould in June demonstrated a retention to the extent that I was catherized for four days. I do urinate frequently and I understand what you mean by filling up quickly. I go almost every two hours and you can set your watch by it. 4-8 oz. Today I logged it starting at 12:00 AM and ending at 6:00 PM (PST) 44 Oz total but I drink lots of water during the day. I never had this problem until the prostate surgery. i see my doctor on Monday.

Jack

16 years 4 months ago #11192 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Frequent Urination
Dear Jack,
I'm not a big believer in coincidences. If your symptoms began after the ablation of your prostate, doesn't that suggest that a reaction to the treatment is the cause of your symptoms? What does your urologist say? and what has he offered as diagnostic evaluation and/or treatment?
8 oz. That's 240 cc. I wish I could hold that much before I had to pee. If you're retaining urine, which would mean the ablation didn't have its desired effect, your baldder would fill up more quickly because it's never empty. Of course that would make you have to urinate more frequently. Has your urologist done a uroflow to check for obstruction or an ultrasound to check for residual urine in the bladder after urination? Has he addressed the issue of urinary retention?

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 4 months ago #11190 by laubsman
Frequent Urination was created by laubsman
Folks;

Everyone has been very kind and helpful. I feel very fortunate to have a community such as this to avail myself of information, support and caring. I was DX with bladder cancer in Janyary 2006. Ta-Grade 3, superficial with no invasion into the lamina propria. I have had the introductory 6 week BCG and maintenance therapy. No recurrences in 22 months. In May 2006, I had my prostate ablated with laser surgery. Since that proceedure I have not had a moments peace. continual, and incessant urination. Sometimes 10-15 times a day. I seem to retain urine as the amounts expressed are between 4 and 8 ounces several times a day.

I am afraid of CIS or chronic urinary retention that represents a whole host of problems in addition to the BLC. Is there anyone who has similar experiences please respond.

Thank You;

Jack

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne