A "bump in the road" -- problems near left Ureter, some papillary tumors...

16 years 5 months ago #10624 by ddoyle
Sandra,Warren,Rosemary & Don:Thank you for the encouragement. I greatly value the support this forum provides and of course the good information which our doctors don't have the time to provide. Don, I hope that I don't have to have a stent but it was good to hear your experience with them wasn't so bad. Hope your condition improves.Sandra, Please thank your husband for his service and a happy thanksgiving to you and your family as well. I'll also be switching to Tricare for Life next year but there aren't so many hospitals on the plan around here.Warren, Thanks for the info on Mitomycin C -- after my ordeal with BCG I'm hoping for a better experience! As always I greatly value your opinion.Rosemary, What can I say -- you are always there for all of us. Have a great Thanksgiving.David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10622 by Sandra
Hi David: My husband is Active duty Army....had many years active but was reserve when 911 came about. Was called to the Pentagon shortly after on special assignment. Is now on a staff asignment in troop movement at the National Guard Hdqtrs in Arlington, VA. So at this point he still is active and they keep adding 2 years at a time to his orders, soon making him the oldest guy in the Army LOL! So he now has 30+ years combined service with 20 active.

We are tricare Prime. But, as soon as I am on Medicare (next May), I hope to switch to Tricare for Life and change my care to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Patricia suggested Dr. Shoenberg there and I have heard nothing but great things about him. As far as Walter Reed, well there's good and the not so good. I am still waiting on results from a CT Scan for over a week - that's the not so good.

Again David, we are all pulling for you on the 30th and keep us informed. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family. Take Care BC Friend,

Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

16 years 5 months ago #10614 by skypilot
David doesnt this suck what we have to deal with, I hope you read my reply to your ? about stints. I was wondering I have a nieghbor/ costimer named Joe here in MI he called last summer about a friend in TX. Would that be you? Don

Hanging in there!

16 years 5 months ago #10508 by wsilberstein
Wish I could promise you something good David, but for what it's worth, I never had BCG. My urologist liked Mitomycin C better, and I haven't had a recurrence. Hope you get the same result.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 5 months ago #10469 by Rosemary
David,

I'm so sorry that you've hit this bump in the road. It's a bad time of year to be going through this worry, too.

Actually, I am glad that they are going in to do the TURB because with all of the inflammation that you've had, I imagine it's hard to determine what is going on in there.

Let's hope the Mitomycin will do it's thing for you.

Please keep us posted,
Your bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #10467 by ddoyle
Sandra,
Thanks for the response and encouragement. I'll be hoping you receive good results on your CT scan as well. Please keep us posted. I will definitely NOT miss the BCG, as it made my life miserable for over three months. Hope the Mitomycin works well for both of us. How do you find the health care at Walter Reed? You or your husband must be veterans, right? I had 28 yrs in the Naval Reserve and use Tri-Care Prime. It has saved us many thousands of dollars vs regular health insurance.

Best wishes and a Happy Thanksgving,
David Doyle

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne