Update

16 years 11 months ago #5197 by bethmckee
Update was created by bethmckee
Well since last time. The only thing that has changed is that my Dad is nearly finished with his chemo! hiphip hooray. He is still suffering from terrible side effects but he is managing each day. He is continuing to bleed and some more tests are going to be run soon he also continues to have fluid retention even with the water pills. Possible blockages have been ruled out. Which is good. Poor Dad he's been through every test imaginable. Now he has to save his urine for 24 hours so that they can check on his kidneys etc. He has the best sense of humor about all of it though. Dr's plan is to have a discussion about radiation after he finishes chemo. I don't think Dad wants to do it because it sounds in his situation it may do more harm than good because of possible complications. His body is so fragile right now. Whatever he decides will be fine with me. As long as he is happy with his decision. I've said before and I just have to repeat it. Living with cancer or loving someone suffering with cancer is like living on a rollercoaster! Each day things may be worse or better even within a days time. It's so hard for all of us Dad actually seems to be so good with all of it. I guess because its happening to him. I am happy to have a place to come where I know others understand my experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne