May someone know doctors who treat Stage 4 bladder with bone mets

5 years 8 months ago #55541 by DianaPB
Hi Jack,

Thanks so much for your response to my question. We need to use Centers for complex cancer. I am trying MD Anderson, UCSD, and Georgetown cancer centers, where there are long waiting periods for getting just the first appointment. Sadly, for advanced patients, the long waiting may get the matter even worse.

Thanks,

Diana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #55538 by Jack R
Diana,

National Cancer Institute - Designated Cancer Centers are the type of facilities that can address multi-faceted issues. Centers are at well known institutions and have the staff and resources to deliver a wide range of services. The link below will identify Centers near you.

Call the information number for the centers closest to you. Describe your issues and determine if that center is a possibility. Use the Center as a resource to find appropriate care. Talk to multiple centers if needed. Help is there for you.

Also, call your health insurance information line. Verify what facilities are in-plan, and determine if insurance can assist in obtaining an appointment.

www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-centers/find

The name of an individual doctor is perhaps less important than locating a Center able to offer a full range of needed services.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

5 years 8 months ago #55534 by DianaPB
Help,

May someone tell me doctors who treats Stage 4 with bone mets asap?

I so appreciate it.

Diana

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne