This just never ends

7 years 6 months ago #51934 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic This just never ends
Sorry to hear about the lymph node, but thanking God for the eagle eyed doctor at Vanderbilt. You two hang in there.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #51891 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic This just never ends
I'm very sorry about this new development, and so sorry you have been dealt another unexpected setback by this horrible disease. Perhaps the chemo that was already planned can also address the lymph node prior to surgery. That lymph node was removed along with a few others during my partial cystectomy.

You can always vent here. You are among people who can relate to the fear and frustration that comes along with the diagnosis. Please let us know how your husband is doing, and how you are doing, as you go to the next steps of treatment.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #51888 by BB62
This just never ends was created by BB62
I used to post in muscle invasive but after my husbands case was presented at Vanderbilts tumor committee meeting some eagle eyed Dr spotted a missed lymph node. One PET scan later and they would like to try a biopsy this lymph node but it is the iquinal and hard to get to.
This news made my husband cry and I'm still in shock.
I'm a person that needs a plan and had accepted the chemo/surgery thing. Now this.
Does it ever stop?
Thanks for letting me rant.
Pretty sure this biopsy is metastatic (right next to the bladder)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne