Small cell carcinoma of the bladder with bone mets

7 years 4 months ago #52493 by Lwsb
Hi. I also have small cell carcinoma Had the same chemo treatment and had an operation 5 months ago. Just wondering how you are doing. If you have any questions about my treatment just ask, take care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #52253 by Bee
Hi there,

My partner (43) had the same diagnosis at the beginning of August. He is having the same chemo as your father. Just wondering how he is doing?

Bee
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

8 years 4 months ago #50027 by sara.anne
So sorry to hear about your father. That IS a very rare form of bladder cancer and I have not personally known anyone who had it.

Your father's doctor seems to be right on top of it. And your father is lucky to have you by his side.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilovemydad2015, dani

8 years 4 months ago #50025 by ilovemydad2015
Hi

My dad is a 62 year old male. He recently had mid back pain and assumed he had a disc problem. He had an MRI done 4 weeks after the initial pain started, which showed (what the doctors assumed to be) cancer on his spine. A biopsy later confirmed this. The doctors told us that it had came from somewhere in his body. They did a CT abd/pelvis with contrast and discovered he had a mass in the bladder. They did a biopsy and we were told he has Small cell carcinoma of the bladder with bone mets. They said it it rare in the bladder and only 1% of all bladder cancers are small cell. My father had no bladder symptoms. He seemed to be a healthy individual. The Oncologist was very blunt. He said my dad had 2 months to live if he took no treatments. It has been 2 weeks. He has opted to take chemo and radiation. He is taking Cisplatin and Etoposide. Today he has began his treatments. The doctors says typical survival rate is 5-7 months. The doctor said he didn't want to give us false hope but he did have one patients with my dads diagnose that survived 10 years. I also talked to the doctor about herbal remedies and he said at this point with my dads prognosis that it can't hurt. He is taking the original essiac. I never really put much stock into herbal remedies, but what can it hurt. I'm also religious. I believe that God helps those that help themselves, that is why I am trying to use every resource available to help him. I'm looking for any survivors of this type of cancer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne