Fighting the battle for 7 years

7 years 8 months ago #51609 by BB62
Replied by BB62 on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
Stephanie
I have just stepped into the same nightmare.
We have an appointment at Vanderbilt 8/2. My husband and I are into naturopaths and boosting the immune system naturally. I would love to know what supplements your husband is taking.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I'm so glad I found this group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #48965 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
Stephanie,
Loved your message, fellow care giver! I've got my notebook going too...since 2001.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

8 years 9 months ago #48959 by MHY
Replied by MHY on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
Thank you Stephanie for your post. I haven't checked in for awhile and, TADA, your beautiful post was there for me to read. What a spirit lifter.

George thanks for the turtle and squirrel analogy - that really puts things in perspective.

I really love this forum. It's the best.

Back to the chemo cave!

8 years 9 months ago #48958 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
Oh, I can assure you that my wife and I share EVERYTHING about this cancer. We never would have gotten this far if we kept anything from the other.
I was just referring to the patients fear of the cancer's return. Each day I think about it a little. People on this site are very familiar with another Mike who was cancer free for five years, and then it was found suddenly to have metasticized in other places. He was my inspiration to be here. And every day, I think about him a little. But, if I awoke each day and said "Good Morning honey, I'm worried about this cancer thing today," She would think I was nuts! Or she should.

I am not looking back or being pessimistic ...... I'm just being realistic. My Dr said there are two types of cancer... The turtle and the squirrel. Those of us with bc have the squirrel. It moves fast when it moves and it seems a constant threat.

But I really am planning on living a long, loooooonng time. So all of you will just have to put up with me.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

8 years 9 months ago #48956 by Stephanie in Alabama
Replied by Stephanie in Alabama on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
George- thank you so much for your kind words and honesty. My husband, Mike would certainly understand your fear. He is very open with me about his fears and they are enormous. Mine are too. Mike has told me many times, especially when I'm trying to comfort him and fell him "everything will be okay" that I have no idea what it is like to be in his shoes. He only relates to the words spoken by other people battling cancer. I know you are trying to protect your wife but she may prefer to share your burden rather than have you suffer without her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

8 years 9 months ago #48955 by Stephanie in Alabama
Replied by Stephanie in Alabama on topic Fighting the battle for 7 years
Thank you, Sara Anne. I appreciate your warm welcome. I am glad to find some people to talk to who have been in the fire with bladder cancer.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne