Just read moments ago about MMC Mike...so so sad..

9 years 4 months ago #47608 by fighterm
I am pretty new to this site, but accidentally yesterday Istumbled across a post by MMC about to post or not to post. Then I read his signature and it was not good. So I checked who he was and how he was doing now and I learned that he passed. I was very saddened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #47603 by CatherineH
Hello Ed... First let me say congratulations on your 5 year mark. That is encouraging news that everyone likes and needs to hear. I am nearing the same milestone in February.

Yes, you are right, Mike was synonymous with this site. His passing has deeply affected all of us who knew him. Your post brought tears again as I have struggled with my own reaction since it happened. In typical Mike fashion, he was thinking of others right to the end by working with his medical team on a clinical trial drug trying to help advance the fight against this horrible disease. Unfortunately it didn't extend his life but he went out on his terms because that is how Mike was.

Thank you for your remembrances of Mike. He was loved by us all and is missed terribly.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

9 years 4 months ago #47601 by Sled Ed
It has been a couple of years since posting on this life altering web page. I guess you could say I am in shock with reading that Mike has passed. I have yet to read what I am sure will be many posts of Mike's life and final year month days..
Wow....I can't imagine ABCS without Mike. To me ABCS and Mike are one and the same. I have told many people about him and how a particular post that I read from him was so instrumental in saving my life. I have only posted here 40 times in the past 5 years and Mike is all over those early posts.

I will need time to think about this...

I came to the site this evening to announce my 5 year marker since RC. This tragic news has taken the wind completely outta this man's sails. I have been so totally healthy happy and back to enjoying life to the max. What a reminder of how nasty and awful this dastardly evil can be.

May you be resting in Peace Mike.....Thank You Brother for helping me so many times..

May I offer my condolences to Mike's family

Ed Cormier

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne