It has been a little over a year

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #46157 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic It has been a little over a year
Hello Harley

I am sorry to hear that you cant come to terms with your dad's passing.
I know how you feel. My mom just passed away after a 12 year bout with Alzheimers disease. It has been a long road.
But, no matter how unfair life is, We have to get on with our lives. We cannot languish in grief. It will just kill you. This is not to say we need to forget. just the opposite. They would NOT want us to live in pain of loss.
I am sure they would like you to Celebrate their lives and us their life as a road map.

I know it is hard. I have no easy way to change your direction. But you must take the baton and give it a run. You have so many challenges ahead of you and your dad will be right there to help. But you still have to get back in the race.

Good luck
George

ps. I Really hate this Disease too

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #46101 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic It has been a little over a year
Hello harleygirl... I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time and there really are no words to make it better. The loss of a parent is just something that we know will happen one day but we're never ready for that day to actually arrive. I am even more sorry that it was this horrible disease that took him away from you. Hopefully you can unburden your heart just a little by leaving a bit of your grief on our doorstep. Please come back anytime...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 4 weeks ago #46095 by harleygirl
It has been a little over a year was created by harleygirl
My Dad passed away on 2/27/13 and it has not gotten' any easier as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I am so glad he is out of pain and not being poked and radiated and prodded to no avail. But, I still miss him more than I can verbalize. And I still hate this god-awful disease called bladder cancer.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne