Preparing for the end....

10 years 1 month ago #45937 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Preparing for the end....
Dhva, just do 1 think every day. You tell your dad that you love him!!

I never really got to tell my dad that I loved him when he died almost 2 years ago!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #45913 by harleygirl
Replied by harleygirl on topic Preparing for the end....
As the daughter of a father who had bladder cancer and died just one year ago this month, I feel your pain. My Dad was 86 when he left this world and his bladder cancer had come back 6 years after he had his bladder removed. It had spread to his ureters and possibly lung. He was really never the same after that big surgery. He was in hospice care the last couple of months of his life. He and my Mom had been married for 66 years and losing Dad has been hard on her (and all of us.) I'm not sure one is ever prepared to lose someone they love. Make every day count and never forget to say "I love you" every chance you get.

10 years 3 months ago #45744 by dhva
Replied by dhva on topic Preparing for the end....
I appreciate the responses and advice, it is comforting. I have already begun researching pain management and hospice options. I will share information as things develop with the hope that somoene could possibly benefit and/or learn something from our experiences. I also feel a little more solace when I can express my feelings freely on here with many people who are dealing with BC. Lastly, I plan to try and do more to support Bladder Cancer awareness in honor of my dad's battle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DougG

10 years 3 months ago #45741 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Preparing for the end....
So Sorry

I feel so sorry for all of you. But you are a master of wordcraft. I felt as though I was right there with you as I read your post. I don't know you or your dad, but I feel every emotion through your words.
The Love came through. Your family deserves better than this, but then again, your family has more Love than most.

Make the time you have count.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhva

10 years 3 months ago #45740 by rbmc
Replied by rbmc on topic Preparing for the end....
Thanks for posting, and my sympathies for the newest diagnosis. It is not the one anyone wants to hear. Your story is a sad reminder that not all episodes of BC are positive peaches & cream. It is a vicious disease that can kill. Even so, it can be beneficial to the BC community. There are people who ignore, reject, or refuse the possibility of BC. If just one sees your story, and realizes "Holy Shit, this crap may kill me", and seeks help, your contributions have been worthwhile. Please do follow up along the way.
Your journey sounds like many of the things I did at the time. Family time, settling personal affairs, having more fun than dwelling on the issue. Patient care, along with that personal support needed. Caring thoughts to you and the family.

10 years 3 months ago #45739 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Preparing for the end....
I am so sorry to hear this latest news. I wholly support Sara Anne's suggestion about hospice. Until an aunt was under hospice care a couple of years ago, I only associated hospice with help to the dying, but I saw that they provide so much support and comfort to the family members and caregivers as well.

My thoughts will be with your Dad and Mom, and with you, as they get through his next doctor visit. Please feel free to come back here as often as you need to release some of your emotions and grief that you don't want to display in front of your parents.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne