Cycle 5 postponed.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #44923 by mmc
Cycle 5 postponed. was created by mmc
Oh what an adventure....

Last Thursday, I went in for my first day of cycle 5. I had had fluctuating fevers for the two days prior but figured I would wait. Oh yeah, I learned that I was not supposed to be subtracting a degree from my ear thermometer so I'd been telling my doc a degree less than my actual fevers. They say go to ER when you get to 100.4 and I was actually getting to 101.4 before doing anything.

Anyway, I went to the lab to get my port hookup and my blood and urine tests. I knew something wasn't right because I had to stop and sit down to rest every 30 feet or so. Out of breath and just worn out.

Turns out I was two pints low on blood. Had had nose bleeds the week before but didn't realize or think it was that much. My blood counts crashed through the floor and my blood pressure also dropped very low.

My doc wound up admitting me to the hospital. I needed two units of blood and iv antibiotics. The chemo was slowing everything down so I wasn't making new blood to replace blood lost. They were concerned I had internal bleeding but the scans ruled that out. Apparently the nose bleeds (and some other bleeding that we won't get into now) had been worse than I thought.

A night in the hospital and enough blood and iv fluids and antibiotics I was doing ok again. Plan is to go back Thursday of this week to check everything and try again.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne